Php 100,000/mo ($1,819 USD) OR MORE
Aug 25, 2022
*THIS IS FOR A FULL-TIME, 40-HOUR PER WEEK, LONG-TERM POSITION AT A MIAMI-BASED MSP COMPANY. IDEALLY, GRAVEYARD SHIFT, BUT OTHER OPTIONS AVAILABLE AND CAN BE DISCUSSED. (THIS IS THE ONLY REVISION FROM THE LAST ADVERTISEMENT)
If you're looking for a long-term business relationship with a company that pays well and really cares about you as an employee and values your support and hard work, continue reading.
We are a group of technology masters that is expanding and we need two full time techs for remote work in Miami. More precisely, techs experienced in Windows server network design & support or wired/wireless network design & support, for our Small/Medium-sized Business and Enterprise clients from 50 to 1000 users.
Right now we have two positions open – Tier2 Support Tech and Senior Network Engineer.
The key skills you need to have are:
· At least 2 years of actual tech work experience, since this is not an entry-level intern position
· Basic Certifications: A+ for sure. MS365, basic Server Admin, Network+, a plus
· Knows the desktop procedures thoroughly- reinstalls, removing malware, moving apps/data, etc.
· Understands the core fundamentals of how things work, and is able to apply that to come up with brilliant solutions for uncommon problems.
· Great English is *required*
and for the Network Engineer:
· Strong overall understanding of the core concepts of switching, firewalls, and Wifi.
· Good understanding of troubleshooting approaches and root cause analysis.
· A security-minded approach to systems – minimum access rights, central authentication for accountability, etc.
· [Firewalls] Very comfortable with enterprise firewalls (like SonicWall/Fortinet/Watchguard), their layered firewall policies, content filtering, routing and IPsec VPNs.
· [Switching] Comfortable with design & management of SMB and Enterprise switching: VLANs, ACLs, Spanning tree design, etc.
· [Wi-Fi] Able to design and deploy Enterprise Wifi up to the 50-AP-per-site scale. Knows the primary tools & processes like site surveying, channel planning, troubleshooting, Wireshark etc.
Familiar with deploying & managing at least one enterprise vendor like Ruckus, Aruba, Cisco etc. We still use Ubiquiti, but the knowledge requirements are a bit deeper than that.
· Ruckus, Fortigate, Ekahau (or other site survey tool) experience a plus.
Those are the main technical skills we are looking for. General qualities we need are as follows:
· Passionate about technology & constantly practicing and learning on your own.
· Motivated to grow in skillset, salary, etc.
· Interested in technical and non-technical training as well.
· Reliable computer, internet connection (later we could pay for a 2nd one as backup), and quiet/stable environment to work in.
· Written English must be clear and well-structured since we’re in a technical field and imprecision or sloppiness can make very bad things happen later.
· Verbal English does not have to be perfect, but should still be decent since there will be plenty of phone/video calls to review things that are too long or complicated to do by e-mail/Slack.
· We want to know what you need or want from us. We are interested in building a long-term business relationship with you, so feel free to tell us about anything you may need as we grow together.
Your ability to communicate precisely and your punctuality are
1. Name, e-mail and where you are located in the Phillipines.
2. Short overview of your experience (length of time & type of work you've done.)
3. A brilliant solution you came up with for an IT problem, since you're an expert!
4. Any questions that you may have about our company.
We will review your answers and get back to you as soon as possible!