Feb 12, 2011
Looking to hire a 'proven' & 'highly skilled' Web Designer who will be responsible for the design, layout, visual appearance and usability of my CMS website. Using a combination of graphic design skills and technical knowledge of how web pages are created, the work involves:
* liaising closely with a me at the design stage and finding the answers to questions about why the site is needed, who the target audience will be, who the leading competitors are, etc;
* producing a design that will be attractive to the target user, has a logical navigation system and has all the features required;
* deciding on how images and other material will be digitally optimised and presented for the web;
* ensuring that material on the web site is accessible to all groups including those with disabilities;
* testing the site for functionality in different browsers and at different resolutions;
* fixing errors
* W3C compliant
You mustl have knowledge of graphic design packages such as Fireworks or Photoshop in order to produce the best layout and manipulate images. Skills in e-commerce and server side technologies, such as PHP and .Net, and internet security are also important.
Please note, the position will not start until after 21st Feb at the earliest.