Jul 04, 2022
Starting out with working one hour per day for 1-3 days per week of virtual assistant work ($60 per month) with some room for increased hours and pay in the future.
(If you ever need it, I will create a tutorial for you on how to carry out specific tasks (especially those that you could learn over time))
- Responding to certain kinds of time-sensitive
- Scheduling meetings from
- Editing and eventually creating PowerPoint/Google Slides presentations using templates on the basis of written lecture notes.
- Doing basic research tasks.
Potential Secondary Responsibilities (Things You Could Learn Over Time)
- Copy editing academic research in the English language.
- Doing very basic grading and responding to student comments using rubrics.
- Compiling helpful lists and information.
- Doing more detailed research tasks on questions such as (how does a union create a strike fund?).
- Building excel sheets.
- Learning how to and conducting basic tasks of strategic corporate research.
- Editing Wordpress website (after it has been built).
- Social media management.
- Helping to do research on travel arrangements to help.
- Helping to do research on moving for work.
Until I figure out how to deal with certain concerns, you will likely need available to work one hour during my waking hours for meeting 1-2 times per week via Zoom.
Requirements and Skills
- 1-2 years of experience would be advantageous
- Interest in becoming conversant in assisting on new topics like union organizing and political theory is advantageous
- Willingness to sign a confidentiality agreement
- Proven experience as a Virtual Assistant or relevant role
- Familiarity with current technologies like desktop sharing, cloud services
- Excellent phone,
- Exceptional time management skills
- Solid organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Additional qualifications as Administrator or Executive Assistant are a plus
- Ability to use/learn Trello, Upwork, or some kind of project management software and coordinate with me about tasks
- Ability to use/learn Toggl time tracker to track time spent on tasks and write reports about tasks to keep me updated
Experience building Wordpress or other websites.
Adobe Creative Cloud Experience (esp. Photoshop).
In the future, I hope to make it so that you can mostly work whenever you want except when we meet to reconnect.
While for now, I have a fixed income that will not allow the hours or pay to be higher, as the hired virtual assistant learns the skills of working with me, there would be opportunities in the future for higher pay and more hours.
I am an academic who enjoys researching and writing, and I would like to find an assistant who is excited about the opportunity to use their skills to help me to do my job better and also to learn how to do some of this kind of work.
If you are interested in this posting, please send an application by changing the Subject line of the application to include the answer to the following question (there can be more than one answer): who is the recently elected president of Colombia? A short cover letter explaining your qualifications of the highest level of importance and your resume would also show me your interest and qualifications.
If I decide to interview you, there it will be conducted on Zoom, which we will use for future meetings. There is no need to write any more than what I’ve asked in this application.