Jun 30, 2022
About the Role
Social Media Manager ignites the organization in chaos and inspires the production team to do the same. The role requires someone who takes charge and can make the hard calls. They speak in creative and turn it into a plan for hands-on execution. They report to the Executive Producer and give directives to the Video Editors.
Our ideal candidate above all else will need to be adaptable and thrive under pressure. We work on short timetables to keep up with virality, and this role especially has to know when to make adjustments and when to push back on asks that may derail a project's timeline and budget.
If a candidate wants to exceed our expectations, they will obsess over marrying their knowledge and skill set into our culture and content formats. The ultimate goal is for this person to oversee two production teams, each simultaneously working on their own video production timelines.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create the specifications of each video (each video is done on one google document)
- Budget breakdowns
- Collaborate with the Executive Producer on creative of a video
- Lead the team with day-to-day tasks for social media production team
- Pitching video overview and calendar timeline to the Executive Producer
What makes you a fit:
- 3+ years experience as a social media manager, project manager, or social media producer with a creative background
- Heavily organized with excellent communication skills
- Leadership qualities, not just management practices
- Knowledge of influencer/creator marketing and branding
- Previous experience in YouTube, TikTok and/or Instagram preferred