$12,000USD-$18,000USD (depends on experience)
Apr 05, 2022
KITT Technologies is a New Zealand based tech startup. We develop and deliver innovative and scalable property technology solutions to manage residential rental properties, giving our customers a smarter experience and much better value than the competition.
We pride ourselves in being a people-focused organisation where performance and efforts are constantly recognised with rewards and growth opportunities.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Do you have:
• Experience in producing high-quality documentation that engages, informs, and educates its intended audience?
• Experience in working alongside teams to achieve a common goal?
• A high quality of pride in your work and attention to detail?
If so… keep reading!
We are looking for a Technical Copywriter to create documentation in several areas of the business. This role is primarily focused on the writing and editing of technical documentation including product manuals, training materials, and reference notes for internal and customer reference. You will be responsible for handling the most important and complex technical writing, and reviewing their submissions for accuracy.
Here are the skills and background that we think you’ll bring to be the perfect fit for this role:
• Able to grasp complex technical concepts and break them down into easy to understand text and images for the target audience
• Excellent command of English both written and verbal
• Hard-working, detail-oriented, and good teamwork skills
• Experienced in following technical documentation guidelines
• Commitment to quality
• Familiar with collaboration tools such as Confluence and Teams
• Familiar with SDLC concepts and software development as a whole. (Agile, Incremental, Waterfall)
• Commercial understanding and business acumen.
• 3+ years of proven work experience in software documentation (documentation experience in programming and tech)
You like to get ‘in the weeds’ of the applications that you develop documentation for. You are not afraid to fire up an application and get to know it enough so that you are able to pick holes in developer-provided documentation.
You will be hardworking and proactive, able to work independently, and bring good communication and relationship-building skills. You’ll bring a great attitude, skills and abilities to be a part of our team –excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, along with experience in cross-culture communication – these are all considered ‘best matches’ within our dynamic culture and environment.
If this sounds like an opportunity that you are well suited to, please get in touch!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
In return, we offer:
• you the opportunity to take the exciting next step in your career working a fast-growing organisation committed to its people
• an excellent working atmosphere (flexible working!) in a highly motivated and successful global team (we have people in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, India, Pakistan and the Philippines)
• Our organisation is growing. This role offers long-term prospects, progression as well as professional and personal development opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
If the role appeals to you, please apply with a cover letter attached to your resume. Your cover letter should highlight why you want this role and showcase the skills / experience you have that makes you the best candidate.
You should also include your expected salary and some examples of your work that demonstrates your skills. Applications without this information will not be considered.