30,000 to 60,000
Nov 21, 2020
Experienced back-end and front-end WordPress developer
Phoenix Support Services, located in the Philippines, is the support center for Advanced Digital Media Services, a startup U.S. company.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate WordPress Developer to join our IT team! As a WordPress Developer at our company, you will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development including web design and website optimization.
We are expecting you to have a strong understanding of latest industry trends and content management systems.
• Designing and implementing new features and functionality
• Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
• Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
• Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin
• Be able to handle all plugin and theme updates
• Solid technical background
• Excellent knowledge of WooCommerce and WordPress.
• Fix basic SEO issues like site speed, sitemaps, etc.
• Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
• Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
• Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
• Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
• Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
• Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
• Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
• Experience with woo-commerce set up and operation
• Understanding of Google Analytics
Be willing to relocate to an office in the metro manila area
Respond quickly to communications
Communication and team management skills
Be available each weekday for conference calls with team members
Be available to work in U.S. MST & EST time zones
Installation of our required apps on your smart mobile devise
Hands on experience with project management software
Excellent organization and time management skills
Proper English writing skills
Able to work in a team environment
• 2+ years of experience with WordPress and PHP.
• Back-end skills - Experience building custom themes, plugins, widgets, WordPress filters, WordPress hooks and etc.
• Bachelor degree in web development related field, or equivalent experience is preffered but not required.
• Third Party API Experience
*Experience in marketing management, SEO, technical writing, social media marketing, etc. are very helpful in securing this long-term position with our company. Having a BS in Computer Science, Digital Marketing or relevant fields is helpful. The more of these demonstratable skills you have the more you will be considered for the position.
You can learn about the company we support by searching Advanced Digital Media Services.
Must Answer: • How do you keep yourself updated with the latest news and updates in the web development industry? • What is the largest size team you have worked with?
NOTE: Answer these questions separately in the beginning of your application letter.