Jun 30, 2020
- Do you pride yourself on your user-first designs that bring about engaging frictionless user-experiences?
- Are you looking for variety where you not only get to shine in design but get to grow your developer & Wordpress webmaster skills to entrench yourself as a valued senior manager in a business?
- Are you tired of designing one website for one client and then another for another ad nauseum, skimming the surface each time but never being able to get deeper into the business and benefit from the results of your work?
If so, you may just be the person that we need.
We are seeking an experienced, UX web designer and webmaster to help build out and maintain a small number of web properties for our growing online psychometrics reporting business.
You’ll join and be supported by a small team of in-house marketing and technical professionals to work on interesting strategic initiatives to take our business to the next level and establish our brand globally.
Your work will be viewed by hundreds of thousands of users each month from over 26 countries.
// What are the core deliverables of this role?
70% of role:
1. Deliver website layouts and designs that provide engaging and frictionless experiences for our target users.
30% of role:
2. Develop enhancements in site functionality to further enhance our on-site user-experience to optimize conversions.
3. Provide ad-hoc development, testing or maintenance support to ensure our existing sites keep running smoothly and are available to our users.
- Collaborate with colleagues to plan, prepare and build out web properties from a pre-production website wireframe to a responsive cross-platform-tested final product
- Developing website user flow and architecture to ensure lightning-fast load times, and world-class user experience for new and existing customers
- Maintaining and improving the user experience and interface of existing websites
- Establish brand design guidelines and standards for each of our web properties
- Develop Wordpress functionality (PHP, jQuery, etc) or provide testing support of the same, as needed to improve the effectiveness of our sales funnels
- Support the management of Google Webmaster, Search console issues
- Optimize the site for mobile and desktop Google Page Speed scores
- Manage Wordpress version control deployment cycle (CICD) via Git
- Reviewing web server logs from time-to-time to address website issues
- Update WordPress plugins as required
- Design checkout funnel layouts using Thrivecart
- Delivers coherent visual imagery (either alone or with the support of illustrators and graphic designers resources as necessary) and ensures that they are coherent with brand guidelines
- Manage our backup and disaster recovery processes
- Can work effectively with Elementor and/or Thrive Architect
- At least 3 years' experience in web/funnel design in a project team environment
- You enjoy collaboratively in a team
- You enjoy communicating your ideas and listening to others
- You enjoy planning as much as execution
- Properly register, enqueue, deregister and dequeue files as part of a Wordpress theme
- Be capable of building and modifying custom plugins, themes and child themes
- Wordpress Programming, CSS, HTML, PHP, jQuery, AJAX
- MySQL database querying, planning and design
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools like GIT
- Experience in implementing search engine optimization principles and techniques
- Experience with Apache and Nginx web servers
- Experience with Cloudflare configuration
- Need to be proficient with Excel or Google Sheets
// Ideal but not required:
- A bachelor's degree in multimedia or web design or its equivalent.
- Proficient in graphic design software e.g. photoshop, illustrator
- Proficient with Google Slides
- Proficient with Sketch, InDesign or other wireframing tools
- Experience with Activecampaign, Zapier, Thrivecart, or Cloudways
- Has up-to-date experience with web protocols, standards, and technologies.
- Copywriting skills or desire to develop
- Work from home - save the commute
- 40hrs/ wk - Full-time role 5 days a week
- Australia-based company - Similar timezone to the Philippines
- Paid Regular and Special Holidays
- Cyclical Performance and Salary Reviews
- Career Development-Supportive Culture
- Valued Team Member - Join our Foundational Team
// How to apply:
Register here >>
Note you need a Gmail account to apply.
Also, ensure you use the form above. Applications received via onlinejobs.ph directly will not be considered.
Applications close, apply now: 3 July 2020