Aug 05, 2019
Small (currently 9 people) American ecommerce company seeking full time remote employee for a Vector Graphic Designer job.
* CorelDRAW, Adobe Illustrator, AutoCAD or similar experience required
* CorelDRAW specifically preferred (this is what we use)
* Strong computer skills required
* Excellent English writing ability
* Boating experience a plus
* Electrical experience a plus
* Mechanical or Electrical engineering schooling a plus
We build custom parts for boats, of all shapes and sizes. They must be drawn up, and cut out with rotary and/or laser CNC machines.
Our Philippines based graphic designers (you'd be the second) work closely with our American design team leader to create proofs of these custom parts for our customers.
Our American based team is very kind/understanding/fun and easy to work with. We want to make you really part of the team. Testimonials available from other Filipino employees (just ask).
* Create and edit vector based mechanical drawings
* Add electrical callouts and notes on drawings based on knowledge of our product lines
* "Vectorize" bitmap images and logos
* Digitally 'trace', and 'scale' images to duplicate parts from pictures
* Create CNC toolpaths from vector artwork via Vectric Cut2d software
* Work with customers via
* Create drawings independently and accurately via descriptions on work orders
They are all flat (2D) designs and include the mechanical shape, but also electrical callout notes. You can see an example of how this process works, as well as an example drawing here:
You can work in your own time zone or ours (we're flexible with this job opening). If you work in your timezone, you will have Filipino co-worker in your time zone for training, questions,
Salary increase possible in the first 3 months with exceptional performance. Top performers are paid well.
We take hiring the right person seriously. To be considered please write a letter telling us about yourself, your family and mention something you've researched about our