Aug 30, 2019
I am looking for COO/ Chief of Staff/ HR Manager/ Business Development Manager for a thriving e-commerce business that serves the baby market. We are a small company but quickly growing and a lot of these roles that you would be taking over are currently handled by me or one of my staff.
You'll be joining a completely remote team of super enthusiastic women from all around the world whose main purpose is to make the lives of our customers better.
Your main responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Managing the 20+ women who currently help run the business. All of these women work part-time from home after they are done looking after their kids and family. Talking to each one of them and making sure that they have everything they need to serve our customers in the best way possible.
- Keeping a close eye on Hubstaff (a payroll software where we track our activities and work) to ensure those project deadlines are met with efficiency.
- Be a conduit between the production side and the day-to-day operations side.
- Talk to our suppliers to track the progress of the shipments. All production is carried out in China.
- Project Manager for all internal
- Document internal processes so it's easier to onboard new members to our expanding team.
- Set a budget for the whole team and help keep everyone on budget.
- Help identify new product opportunity.
- Develop new products side-by-side with the CEO (yours truly) and our factory
- Map out KPIs for all aspects of our business
- We currently serve customers mainly in US and Canada but would like to expand to other markets. You will have to figure out the moving parts of our expansion.
- Help recruit new members to the team as and when required, be it for one time jobs or long term projects
- Create reports that help us identify, the health of the business and where it is moving
Who is our ideal candidate:
- Someone who is super organized.
- Your written and spoken English should be impeccable. If you cannot write a good letter, we cannot work together.
- You have got to have a way to manage the whole team and communicate with them especially when it comes to their performance and how it can be improved.
- You should have a few years of experience as the CEO, COO or CFO of a start-up or a business.
- You will be working very closely with the CEO of the company, the only full-time employee in the business, so you should have at least 4 hours of your workday on EST.
- E-commerce experience is a bonus
- Attention to detail is paramount. Here is our website:
- Google Docs and Sheets are what the whole company runs on so you should be well-versed with that
- Have a good sense of design and aesthetics. Your reply should start with "Serendipity" so I know you read the whole listing.
- You will have to either know or learn software really quickly as we are a completely online business
- You should know how to make things more efficient in the business. Cut out wastage and make the team as lean as possible.
How to apply?
- Send in a message by telling me how your previous experiences will inform your new role with our company
- How you will 10X our business in 2 years.
- Please do not send in a generic response as that will be the quickest way for me to dismiss your proposal.
Thank you for reading so much and I hope to talk to you soon!!