send salary request
Apr 28, 2014
The company is looking for a Content Creator and Social Media Management Specialist who will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities and providing support for select social media channels for two blogs. One blog is a personal blog dealing with living by the Paleo Diet and gluten-free diet. It also addresses fitness and wellness. The second blog is a blog about dating and geared towards the African American community. This is a part-time position (20 hours/wk). We want you to treat these blogs like your own and take pride in your work. You will be charged with growing the number of subscribers to the blogs, FB Likes, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram followers.
These day-to-day activities include, but may not be limited to:
- Creating and drafting blog posts that deal with nutrition (paleo and gluten-free food and recipes), health, fitness, wellness, dating, relationships
- Creating and maintaining content calendar: crafting social media posts that encourage engagement,
- moderate pages' and fans' posts on select channels,
- grassroots prospecting: finding and initiating conversations with influencers on social media, commenting on similar blogs, and forum posting
- reputation monitoring
- monitoring project progress
- creating pictures/memes for social media
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of Wordpress for Blog posting
- Graphic design - for creating pictures and memes as well as creating social media cover pictures
Social media marketing/management experience (at least 2 years preferred)
- Extreme familiarity with online social media channels (e.g. Google +, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Extreme familiarity with Facebook analytics, Google analytics and similar sites/tools.
- Knowledge in social media listening and publishing tools (e.g. Hootsuite, Google Alerts, Social Mention etc.)
- Experience with creating Aweber Broadcasts, Autoresponders, and Follow Up Series
- Experience with developing analytical reports
- Team player working with other social media managers and project managers
- A self-starter who combines a high level of creativity with strong organization skills
- Efficient problem solver with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys working in a fast pace work environment
- Possess excellent project management skills
- Must be able to work to a daily schedule and complete a list of tasks weekly via Skype and email communication.
- Must be open and willing to learn new skills
- Bachelors Degree in Business/Communications or Marketing preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Apply for this job with "Karin's VA Application" as the subject.
2.In the FIRST sentence of your application, tell us your favorite food. (Yes, this is a test of how well you read this!)
3.Link to AT LEAST 3 blog posts that you have already written and published.
The subject doesn't matter as long as they are good examples of your in-depth writing style.
- American English should be flawless.
- Must have high-speed internet connection.