Apr 27, 2023
Do you want to be a tea
We are an entrepreneurial Family Law firm that is on track for aggressive growth and we
need an experienced part-time billing clerk to join our team and work directly with the owners and attorneys to support the team and help our clients.
Family Law problems suck! We want to be known for helping our clients solve their legal problems, so they come out of an extremely emotional process feeling as though they are a better person, in a better position, and that they had a team behind them that really cared and fought for them. We are growing fast, and we need a billing clerk who can hit the ground running.
This position will have the following Task Matrix and responsibilities below:
• Oversee the billing process: pre-bills, final bills, process payment, contact clients with late payments, update case management and accounting systems
• Contacts and coordinates with billers to ensure/correct time entry tagging (i.e. billable
• Collects records of expenses of costs advanced to clients and updates the case management system and accounting system accordingly.
• Compile metrics on contacts and collections
• Review A/R and work on collections efforts (payment plans, red rubberbands, case withdrawals)
• Generates pre-bills bi-weekly/monthly and provides them to the Controller/Administrator/Owner for review and approval.
• Prepares or generates final invoices/statements and sends them to clients in accordance with the Firm’s policies and procedures for time-keeping, billing, and expense tracking.
• Processes payments in accordance with the Firm’s policies and schedules for accepting payments.
• Manages the retainer/trust accounts, auto-replenishment, and installment payments.
If the statements below appeal to you, then you may be our next legal assistant!
• Organized and
• Your middle name is “No Drama”.
• You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly - You do not think data entry is “beneath you”.
• You are an amazing billing specialist with a sickening degree of attention to
• Have at least two years’ experience as a billing clerk in a professional service business, preferably in a law firm.
• Experience with cloud-based CRM and case management systems (Preferably Clio).
• Knowledge in the legal industry is an asset.
We love to help people learn and grow. But we don’t have the time for that right now. We need a billing clerk with experience. The ideal candidate will be able to take initiative on work that needs to be done and complete tasks with minimal handholding. This is a part-time job where you are expected to run bills 2x a month, field client questions and check billing entries.
If you think you are a great addition to the team, please prepare the following:
o Attach cover letter in PDF format with no more than TWO paragraphs and a closing
o Record and send us a sweet and short introductory video not exceeding 2 minutes. Be yourself!
o Attach your updated CV or resume
Do not send your resume through this website.
We look forward to reviewing your application.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THROUGH THIS PLATFORM AND DO NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.