Feb 02, 2011
Company Description: A small privately owned and operated Oriental Medicine clinic providing acupuncture, herbs, and massage to patients for various medical conditions.
Candidate Description: VA must be fluent in English, able to communicate well, professionally answer incoming calls in a respectful and efficient manner. Knowledge of Medical Billing, QuickBooks (QB), and general Medical Terminology is a plus, if not, training is available. Willingness to learn and develop simple, efficient office protocols is a plus. Candidate should be comfortable tracking inventory, and using practice management software, specifically PracticeMate: https://pm.officeally.com/pm/login.aspx
Job Description: It is intended that the VA support this clinic in all administrative operations, creating their own Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) describing in detail all of the administrative duties required to be performed to support the functioning of this clinic. These SOP’s are to be updated periodically as improvements are made, and VA scope increases.
All incoming calls are currently received by an offsite answering service that schedules appointments, provides directions to the clinic, answers questions on cost of treatment, insurance reimbursement, and what to expect from an acupuncture treatment. It is the intent to have this VA replace this offsite answering service as soon as is feasible. Specific duties to be performed by the VA include, but are not limited to:
1. Create HIPPA protocol for CLINIC, specifically for transmitting documents and storage of documents for offsite VA usage.
2. Input Patient payments into PracticeMate via deposit slips that are electronicallytransmitted to VA. VA must learn the standard billing amounts, and be able to identify, and differentiate products sold from services rendered. Products sold must be input into PM as well as QB.
3. Input insurance EOB’s and Remittance Advice statements from insurance companies into PM, accounting for all services rendered to individual patients.
4. Bill insurance company for services rendered to patients using PM. PEIA and select insurances can be electronically billed via PM. Blue Cross Blue Shield must be sent as hardcopy via PM at an additional cost to CLINIC.
5. Input Products received for sales by CLINIC into QB and PM. Upon receipt of billing statement, PM and QB shall be updated for Inventory. Upon receipt of paid invoice, input to QB requires creating Invoice, identifying bill as being paid, and matching to downloaded credit card transaction from credit card and from bank. Past bills to be matched to credit card transactions and bank account.
6. Help with creating newsletter and presentations using PowerPoint for patient education, classes, and developing seminars.
Salary: Starting Salary is $50 per week for a fulltime position of 40 hours per week. Pay increases are anticipated with job performance and added responsibilities.