$1,250 / month
Sep 07, 2022
Busy Bee Bookkeepers is seeking a highly experienced Senior Bookkeeper who thrives on responsibility and has natural initiative. This person will be required to oversee the management of their own clients, with the ability to be able to complete reviews of client bookwork.
This role will be autonomous, and we wish for this person to have at least 5 + years experience, exceptional time management skills, and the ability to work unsupervised while working with multiple clients from such a wide industry range.
Additionally, exceptional organisational skills will be crucial, as it will be expected that clients will be given and managed solely by the successful candidate. We require someone whose work ethic correlates with our high standards, is reliable and who is extremely efficient, working well under pressure.
The successful candidate will be maintaining bookkeeper workflows, scheduling and automating client tasks using Karbon, along with development of both bookkeeper and administrative manuals for our team.
Qualified applicants must have:
• Minimum 5 years previous experience in a similar bookkeeping position for an Australian firm, preferably dealing with multiple entities.
• Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or equivalent and knowledge of Australian tax laws.
• Highly proficient in the use of Xero software. Multiple software knowledge is advantageous.
• Ability to review and prepare monthly IAS, quarterly and monthly BAS and super lodgements
• Ability to complete and review weekly and monthly bookkeeping and payroll for range of clients.
• Ability to manage their own clients, including reviewing client bookwork.
• Solid understanding of GST and payroll to Australian Industry standards.
• Can supervise and follow all EOY procedures, including EOY Adjustments, Review etc, e.g. Amortisation schedule, loan schedule, borrow, costs, Stock on Hand
• Can solve complex balance sheet issues.
• Can supervise and review fellow Bookkeepers’ work.
• Can provide training to staff and clients.
• High level of accuracy in all areas, including data entry, with no errors.
• Tech savvy and great with spreadsheets and using Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent communication – both written and verbal skills must be of high standard.
Major plus if you have:
• At least 2 years experience with Accounts for Multiple Entities
• Previous Experience in Small Business for an Australian firm with clients across multiple industries.
• Use of Karbon workflow management experience highly regarded.
• Experience using Dext.
• Experience using Zoom to attend meetings and communicate with fellow staff and clients.
• Confidence in using Loom to assist in creation and development of company training library.
What’s in it for you:
• $1,250 USD / month
• 13th month pay
• Paid Leaves and AU Holidays Off
• Fixed weekend off
• Opportunity to increase rate based on your 6-month Performance Review
If you are interested in applying for the position, write “I am your next Senior Bookkeeper” as your subject line and include the word ‘buzz’ anywhere on your cover letter.
Please fill out this form as well: