SALARY $7 - $10/hr. DOE + $50 Health and SSS Benefit Allowance/mo. + 13th month bonus
May 18, 2022
• Location: Virtual
• Experience: 5+ years Quickbooks Bookkeeping, Amazon reconciliation, VAT/Sales Tax registrations/filings
• Commitment: 30 hours/week, Monday-Friday 2pm-8pm US PST (5am-11am Manila Time).
• Compensation: $8 - $10/hr. DOE + $50 Health and SSS Benefit Allowance/mo. + 13th month bonus
Synergy Wetsuits (
Please note that we handle a large amount of transactions and accounts for reconciliation every month. If you are more comfortable with handling small accounts and straightforward bookkeeping/accounting, this is not the job for you. This is a very challenging position that requires exceptional analytical and mathematical skills. While our accounts are current and organized, we need someone to help keep everything current as our business grows.
Successful candidate will be responsible for day-to-day bookkeeping entries, reporting, monthly reconciliations, forecasting, and budgeting. This role will need to study the company’s accounting cycle, processes and procedures and develop concise reports of financial data to assist the Management team in making key financial decisions. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding and experience with accounting and finance for small business, Microsoft Excel, data manipulation and aggregated data experience, financial modeling, and a strong ability to communicate financial information. Must be available to work 2pm-8pm US PST (5am-11am Manila Time).
You must be able to pass a background check.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related industry.
• 5+ years of Bookkeeping/Accounting experience.
• Complete understanding of accounting and financial analysis principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
• Advanced proficiency in QuickBooks Enterprise (Wholesale and Manufacturing preferred), Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
• Ability to produce reports/graphs/charts/tables in Word, Excel and PowerPoint within tight deadlines.
• Ability to formulate finance study designs and prepare and conduct professional presentations.
• Strong desire to learn and educate about company products/technology.
• Must have strong communication skills. This includes the ability to write and speak clearly in a variety of settings to deliver a clear message in all deliverables.
• Ability to create and improve processes. Must be a self-starter with exceptional organizational skills, analytical ability, and strategic planning.
• Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism in communication, with customers, peers, and management.
• Must be available able to work 2pm-8pm US PST (5am-11am Manila Time).
NICE TO HAVES:
• Amazon bookkeeping experience.
• A passion for and participation in the sports we serve.
• Intimate knowledge of triathlon, competitive swimming and/or sporting goods industry is a
• Monthly reconciliation of Amazon statements (orders, refunds, fees, etc.).
• Responsible for month-end closing and year-end closing including posting journal entries, reconciliation of account balances and general ledger accounts, and distributing 1099 forms.
• Monitor and analyze accounting data; develop and run regular financial statements including cash flow, P&L, income statements, and balance sheets.
• Prepare and update overhead, budget, profitability and forecasting reports
• Prepare monthly/quarterly sales tax returns, as well as operation and business taxes.
• File VAT returns.
• Develop long term financial plans based on strategic goals alongside Management.
• Ensure that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
• Improve and implement accounting procedures and practices for efficiency and improved financial growth.
• Complete all reports and records required and submit on a timely basis.
ABOUT SYNERGY WETSUITS:
Synergy Wetsuits was born in the early 1990s by Stefan
Synergy Wetsuits is a tight-knit, high-performance multisport TEAM and we are seeking the best and those who want to be the best. We support each individual in our team who are committed to developing and creating the best products and customer experience in our industry. We have an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and fun, relaxed culture.
If you love to work hard, play hard, and are passionate about being the best at what you do, we'd love to meet you!
HOW TO APPLY:
E-mail the following to
• Response to the following questions:
1. Do you have Quickbooks experience? If so, how many years? Please explain in detail to what extent your knowledge is with using Quickbooks.
2. Do you have experience being a virtual Bookkeeper/Accountant? If so, how many years? Please explain in detail the day-to-day tasks and software/applications you used to complete them.
3. Are you familiar with Amazon Seller Central/Amazon reconciliation? If so, please explain in detail your knowledge of Amazon Seller Central and/or process of reconciliation.
4. Do you have experience with VAT/Sales tax filings? If so, please explain in detail the extent of your experience and previous filings processes.
5. Are you able to work 30 hrs./week, Monday-Friday 2pm-8pm US PST (5am-11am Manila Time)?
6. Since we regularly have deposit transactions with over 2000 entries, this position requires a desktop setup with a wide screen monitor. What is your current computer setup (desktop/laptop, single/dual monitor, internet speed, etc.)?
• Video clip that tells us a little bit about yourself, stating why you are interested in this position and why you think you would be a good fit with our company.
Please note that any applications/submissions without the 3 requirements above will not be considered.