Jan 31, 2022
We are growing our technology team to take on some big opportunities!
We have room for advancement for top performers.
We can pay you faster than once per month.
We are building an incredible global team to support our members businesses.
We are looking for talented Sr Ruby on Rails Developers with very strong experience with large code bases and refactoring for modernization and performance. We are moving from single tenancy MySQL db for each member, into multi-tenancy to scale our number of members without needing more hardware. We are simplifying and improving all aspects of our system and we welcome your wisdom and ideas. We've been building tools to help small businesses for over ten years, and now we're excited to retool for a bright future.
We need reliable and experienced help to reduce costs/increase performance of our code and infrastructure.
We are moving from AWS to DigitalOcean.
You would work as a leader within our talented engineering team.
We have a good team culture, and we're selective about adding quality teammates.
This is an good opportunity to have an big impact on small businesses worldwide.
Our platform is interesting to work on (we aren't building insurance software or anything like that)!
You will be part of a helpful team working on supporting our ecommerce business tools.
Currently our tools are used by more than 700 game and hobby stores businesses.
Help us in developing the future of the platform services and micro-services.
Our team uses AWS with Ruby on Rails and React to develop exceptional solutions at CrystalCommerce. We are working collaboratively with our engineering team, UX web design team, and Technical QA Support team. We have a great group and a strong culture of positive mindset and never giving up when faced with challenges. We are making helpful tools for entrepreneurs and businesses to have a global online reach, and to empower local companies with a competitive advantage to help them grow!
- Transitioning legacy functionality within core platform.
- Collaborate with our teams to upgrade our applications into new services.
- Work with in-house and remote resources to resolve tickets and uncover any bottlenecks.
- Perform coding best practices and provide engineering support.
- Work with UX design and support members of the team to deploy great code and functionality.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years of Ruby on Rails development experience.
- 3+ years of DevOps experience supporting live site and production systems.
HIGHLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Open source contributions
- Gem author, familiar with tools and publishing gems, how to modularize code into gems.
- Data model design: knows the pros and cons of different data store technologies, and can design data models to take advantage of them.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
- Our growing engineering team is governed by the following set of principles:
Well tested code - both coder and reviewer agree it meets the standard
- Leave it better than you found it, even if it's just adding comments about how it could be fixed
- There are no dumb questions
- Be excellent to each other
- Don't repeat yourself (modularity, libraries)
- Single responsibility principle
- Data integrity is NOT optional
- Tasks are idempotent
- Pair when possible
- No Silos
- No blame