Sep 15, 2021
I am looking for a marketing manager to join my small team. This role is hugely varied and covers a wide range of brands and niches. You will have excellent English communication skills and possess a good understanding of marketing tactics and strategies. You will also be a competent copy writer.
I'm an online entrepreneur based in New Zealand. My primary business is a small marketing agency serving clients across a range of industries, but with a high percentage of sports related organisations. I also operate a small custom sports apparel brand, sports medals supply company, and various other side projects.
I am currently looking for a part-time (20 hours per week) marketing manager to join my teams and support me as I run these businesses. This is intended to be a long-term stable relationship and has strong potential to grow into a full-time position for the right candidate. I am willing to be flexible on hours of work.
I'm looking for someone that is excited to learn and develop into this role. The successful candidate should be hardworking, loyal, communicative, take pride in their work and have high levels of integrity. My goal is to find someone who I can work with for years to come. Full support, training and tools will be provided.
The role is varied and will include a range of tasks including content curation and generation for websites in a range of industries, management of social media accounts, and planning marketing activities. The ideal candidate will have excellent written English skills and will have a great understanding of marketing tactics/strategy.
Ideally, the successful candidate would perform the following tasks:
- Research, write, and upload content to WordPress websites.
- Curate niche related content for sharing through social media
- Planning marketing activities and coordinating resources to fulfill the plans
- Management of social media accounts for my own brands and clients. Guidance and most content will be provided in a basic form and you will formulate strategy, work with our designer, produce assets, and execute.
- Some general virtual assistant work may be required such as online research of potential leads
The successful candidate should possess these key skills:
- Excellent communicator in English. Reading and writing English to a high standard is absolutely essential.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Understand marketing tactics and strategies and how to put these into place
- Willingness to be communicative, constantly learning and hard-working.
- SEO skills and experience will be a distinct advantage
To apply, please include "Xava - Marketing Manager" in the subject line. Also, please include a paragraph or 2 to tell me why you think you'd be perfect for the job and what excites you about this role in particular.