Jan 13, 2011
This is a full-time (40 hours) position with a unique opportunity to be a key player in our organization. You’ll coordinate details of our business related to speaking engagements and webinar programs, and marketing efforts. Your responsibilities will include:
* Screening, processing, and responding to incoming e-mails
* Creating travel estimates for speaking events
* Managing events on Google Calendar
* Preparing program handouts from existing templates
* Manage critical data in our CRM system for program attendees
* Transcribing feedback forms and importing in to our CRM system
* General internet-based research to identify potential clients
* Managing our WordPress site including content, forum postings, and post comments
* Sending out our e-mail newsletter and adding the articles to our Blog
* Managing our social-media presence including article posting and syndication
* Coordinating details for webinars including affiliate setup in our CRM system
* Create PowerPoint presentations for live programs and webinars
Specific Skills You Should Have Include:
* Excellent written and spoken English skills
* Ability to quickly learn new technology and software packages
* Experience in Microsoft Office 2007 Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Experience with Database, Integrated CRM applications, and WordPress
* Excellent spelling, grammar, and editing skills
* Experience with Social Media
* Basic Internet research skills
* Fanatical attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines
* Computer graphics and website design skills helpful
* Important: MUST have a reliable high-speed Internet connection
* MUST be able to work daytime hours in the Eastern US time zone
We’re Looking for:
?? * Someone who can think logically and implement the complex marketing strategies we develop. We create multi-step sequences that interact with each other and with our database system and you’ll need to keep track of these for us.
?? * A high level of technical ability. You don’t need to be a programmer, but you have to think like one. Our CRM system is very powerful and we need someone who will be able to learn, understand, and use all the capabilities of this system. If you’re not comfortable getting into the details of different software programs, this won’t be the right position for you.
* Someone with excellent spoken and written English. You will be communicating with our customers, clients, and members and responding directly to their e-mails in many cases. As you’ll be representing our company, it’s essential that your communications be accurate and error-free.
* Someone who is willing to communicate with us on a daily basis and provide daily reporting of the performed tasks; must have Skype and a headset
* Someone who’s not afraid to ask for help when needed or when something is not clear.
* A dynamic person who can switch projects and focus with ease, and can easily multi-task between various projects. Things can and do change directions, and this should be both expected and anticipated!
* A "take-charge" personality. We encounter new opportunities every day and don't always have the answers internally. You'll often have to do independent research to get an answer.
* Someone who can take a project and just "get it done" delivering the results agreed upon on schedule and to spec.
* Someone who can work independently. You need to be able to work on your own, answer your own questions and move ahead without waiting. We'll have scheduled times to catch up on projects, go over any questions, etc.
Who We Are:
We’re a small, independent, and innovative entrepreneurial company with a 16-year track record of success. We work with small businesses and associations throughout the United States, Canada, and in other parts of the world, helping them increase revenues with outrageously effective training sessions, newsletters, audio CDs, webinars, teleseminars, and speaking programs.
What You Can Expect From Us:
We are very focused on the business and your primary function is to help maximize our productivity and best use of time, which means we'll be expecting a lot from you. We keep an open line of communication during projects if you need help or guidance. We have high expectations of ourselves and our staff, and we'll place a lot of responsibility in your hands.
We’re looking for qualified candidates only, and a full reference check will be conducted.
If You Think This is the Right Position for You...
Our staff is treated with great respect, presented with an opportunity to work in the information-marketing field, and offered a position with great variety – you’ll never get bored, and you’ll gain knowledge and experience that will help you in all parts of your life.
If you think you might be a good fit, we'd be interested in talking with you further.
To submit an application:
1. Please e-mail us a copy of your resume with “VA-Online Marketing Resume” in the subject line
2. Click here to submit an online application: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VA-OnlineMarketing
Please note: you must complete both of these steps to be considered for this position.