Oct 27, 2020
Our Head of Engineering will be in charge of the Greenhouse product development, engineering, and technological resources. You will responsible for development and building out our team (hiring, training, and managing), acting as our chief engineer and solutions architect, designing all systems and security, and have the potential to grow into our Head of Tech, and eventually CTO over time.
**We’re looking for someone keen to relocate to join our executive team in Singapore after a 3-6 month trial period. This is a full-time role which will report directly to the CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Setting and leading the product technological and engineering development ?
• Act as Chief Engineer and Chief Systems architect of any software product we build
• Evaluate feasibility of work based on resource allocation
• Manage both in-house and outsourced software stack and development standards
• Developing strategic plans and setting timelines for evaluation, development, and ?deployment of all technical, and web services ?
• Collaborating with department heads, marketing, product, and operations as advisor of all technologies involved with company ?
• Evaluating software and resource availability and build solutions in a cost-effective manner
• Recruiting, building, and developing a world class tech/programming team from relative scratch
• Supervising quality assurance processes, integration, and system tests
• Studying current and new industry trends, technologies, and software development ?
• Sharing technological visions, opportunities, and risks company-wide ?
Requirements for the role
• You must be the best programmer in the room, with the ability to problem solve complex problems with novel solutions
• 4-7 years’ experience in software development/engineering, ideally 2+ as project lead
• Frontend stack
o React JS, Next JS (SSR & SSG)
• Backend stack
o Languages: Node JS, Golang, Python
o Tools: Redis, RabbitMq
• Database & related tools
o MySQL, MongoDB, Elastic Search
o Familiar with Amazon AWS
o Microservices with Tyk API Gateway
o Docker & Kubernetes
o Git - GitLab, GitLab CI
o Understanding of CDN
• Project Management
• Nice to haves: C++
• Able to be a “big picture” thinker and solve for business needs
• Fluent English proficiency ?