Oct 07, 2019
Duties of a Jr. Programmer
Junior programmer performs a lot of duties and these include the following:
1. Analysis and Design: They analyze the needs of their clients before they begin their software project. Then once they meet all these requirements they begin to develop the software. Junior programmers assist in the analysis and design phase of the project.
2. Writing Code: They are usually responsible for writing the code of the application to be developed. The senior programmer, on the other hand, will just be the one to assign the functions and specify the methods and events needed for the program and the junior programmer will do it.
3. Debugging: They carry out the debugging and troubleshooting of the program. They too will record the results and identify the possible problems in the application.
4. Documentation: They often provide the basic user manual to be used by the end-users. They also offer functional specifications to writers who will create the manual. They are the ones who will create the complete documentation of the entire application.
5. Training the end user: They often help in training the users once the application is built and created.
6. Maintenance and Application upgrade: They are required also to create new functionality if their clients want it too.