Aug 15, 2019
- We are seeking a full-time, highly talented "Rock Star" Frontend Web Developer with a minimum of 3 years experience who can work from home in the Philippines.
- This is a dynamic and exciting position as we are growing quickly and have many exciting clients and cutting edge projects.
- You will have an excellent opportunity for career advancement, knowledge enhancement, and compensation growth.
- Work Hours are 40 hours per week; actual work schedule can be discussed, but we are flexible.
Grow your career with Gloss!
Our goal is to work with professionals seeking long-term employment. We offer competitive pay and flexible
- Guaranteed 100% On-Time Salary Payments
- 13th Month Bonus
- Paid National Holidays
- Raises & Performance Bonuses
As a Frontend Web Developer, you must be passionate and motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Your responsibilities will include translating UI/UX design wireframes/mockups into actual code to ultimately produce visual elements of the given application.
You will work with our UI/UX Designer and bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks, as well as how it works.
Additional responsibilities of this position include:
- Ensuring technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensuring that all user input is validated before submitting to backend developers
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to learn and integrate new software programs and tools
2. Skill Sets
We are seeking top talent, so you must have the following skill sets:
- Extensive experience in Wordpress Development (Multisite, Custom, API Integrations)
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Must know how to use Photoshop for design asset extraction
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GitHub
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Expert in MaterializeCSS and Bootstrap
1. Personality Traits
In addition to your skill sets, we place an equal value in the personality of our team members.
We consider a "Rock Star" as someone who is proactive, takes initiative, and isn't afraid to share their opinions (even if it may be uncomfortable to do so).
You'll have plenty of support (e.g. tools, resources, infrastructure, project management, and more...), but you must have the mindset that you "own" your projects. If you're the type of person who waits to be told what to do at every step throughout a project, then this position isn't right for you.
You'll also be provided with very clear project instructions and requirements, but you must also be able to work independently, figure things out for yourself, do your own research when necessary, and adopt an attitude of "I'm going to do whatever it takes to get the job done!"
- Being proactive in providing feedback, insights, and ideas to help us be the best company we can be.
- Being proactive in recommending tools, resources, and education to help you be the best contributor you can be.
- Thinking outside-the-box to provide fresh and creative ideas to the team.
- Whatever it takes to ensure your success and our success!
Finally, you must have a natural curiosity and passion for learning new technology, not just for the sake of the technology itself, but in how technology can be used to maximize the potential of the given project.
If this describes you - and you possess the skills sets we are seeking - then we'd love to have you on board with us!
2. Work Environment
- You must live in the Philippines (please do not apply if this is not the case as we will not reply)
- You have your own computer and Internet connection (this is a home-based position).
- You are willing to work (at least partially) during U.S. business hours.
IMPORTANT: If you wish to apply for this position, you must do so using this link: