up to $800 or more per month
Jan 20, 2020
Hi there! Thanks for checking out our job ad. Please take some time to read through the job description
After you're done reading through the post, if you're ready to apply for the position, please send an
1. Attach your resume
2. Include a summary of your experience
3. Include a brief summary of why you think you'd be a good fit for the position
4. Include contact details such as
We're a US-based accounting company, and we're different. We're a laid team of bookkeepers, tax accountants, and marketers who love helping entrepreneurs and small business owners by making their bookkeeping headaches disappear.
The clients we work with want to run their businesses, not worry about bookkeeping and taxes, so we take care of those headaches for them.
We're a great company to work for, and a small team, so you'll be able to come in, roll up your sleeves, and really have an impact in the way we do business. We're growing, and we need someone with accounting and finance experience.
**Here are some things you'll handle in this role:**
1. Monthly and Daily Bookkeeping/Accounting
2. Bank Reconciliation
3. Balance Sheet reconciliation
4. Accounting for Stock options, restricted shares, and other equity accounts
5. Revenue recognition and reconciliation
6. Financial Analysis and Forecast
7. Observe ownership of the assigned tasks, duties and responsibilities.
8. Perform other related duties as required.
**We'll love you if you:**
* Have at least 2 years of experience in accounting and finance
* Are an advanced Excel user
* Understand (or be able to research) GAAP accounting standards
* Can work full-time
* Have Experience using Xero, Quickbooks, or another small business accounting platform
* Have some experience working with payroll and tax agencies
* Have some experience in converting clients from other accounting systems
* Are efficient, personable, adaptable, and organized
* Are very confident
* Have a willingness and true desire to learn and grow professionally
* Have exceptional written and oral communication skills, with a firm handle on conversational grammar and spelling. (We treat our customers the same as we would a friend who we respect; we never use accounting-speak or speak or use the language you wouldn't use while speaking with a friend)
* A great team player and an amazing person to work with (bonus points if you're funny--we get busy during tax season, so we'll love you if you can make us laugh and have a good time)
* This is a full-time contract position
* Work from wherever you want. Yes, seriously.
* Our office is located in San Francisco, but each member of the team works remotely. So you won't be the only remote team member—we're all remote team members!
* Our team is small, so big-company bureaucracy doesn't make its way into our day-to-day lives
* We have a very relaxed team culture. We do great work, but we believe you also need to have a good time to do good work.
* We do fun stuff like take the entire team to Thailand for a week! We try to have a team off-site each year. This way we can all meet-up and get to know each other in person.
• Finance & Management
- Financial Forecasting
- Financial Management
- Inventory Management
- Tax Preparation