$400/mnth initially - NEGOTIABLE for right candidate
Oct 26, 2013
Your main role will be to handle the entire technical side of the business – for example, updating websites, installing forums and blogs, integrating shopping carts into the sites and so on.
You and I will be working closely together –so you will need to be available on Skype throughout the day, and provide regular updates via Google docs spread sheet I will make available to you.
Hours and Pay
- You will be expected to work 40 hours per week. We expect a rapid rate of growth and you are to be available on request to respond to my request 7 days a week.
- I will pay you using PayPal.com - I will pay you every week during the trial and once we’ve established some trust, I will pay you monthly. This way you know you will not be ripped off.
- With all new hires, there is a 90 day trial period, where we will evaluate all the work that you do for us.
- Initially, you will start on $400 per month. After completing the 90 day trial period, we will review your performance and negotiate a standard hourly rate. I will raise it quickly, if things are working out and you are performing well.
- Pay is highly flexible for the right person, depending on how they contribute and add value to our company.
- Ideally, I would like to find someone who becomes so valuable to the team; they are also paid a % of all sales of the sites they develop.
- Meeting agreed deadlines is very important and will be managed using Google Calender. I will ask that you deliver all projects on time, always – and provide me with timely updates if there are going to be delays.
Your Essential Skills
- HTML / FTP / CPANEL / MySQL, mobile responsive site development
- Strong knowledge and experience setting up, maintaining and updating email auto-responders
- Strong knowledge and experience using Optimise Press 2.0 to create membership sites and sales funnels
- Word Press etc.
- Mobile app creation
- Ecommerce – adding in upsell sequences, customising shopping carts and the ordering process - setting up membership sites, linking into and out of the main site,
- Basic understanding of how direct response marketing works
- Knowledge of how email auto-responders and shopping carts work e.g. 1shopping cart , post affiliate pro, ewallet and you must have the knowledge and ability to integrate them all together so they work seamlessly together.
- Strong technical ability to make the site impervious to brute force attacks – customer details security is not negotiable
- Excellent hold of English - strong communication skills – honest, loyal, problem solving and analytical skills and be able to work autonomously after a couple of months
- Know how sales funnels work and have had experience setting them up, testing and refining them
- Know how to set up, use and maintain automated webinar software – evergreen business systems
- You must display exceptional spelling and grammar and you must check your work before sending to us for final approval.
Your desired Skills
- Hiring and managing other people – we expect fast growth in the next twelve months – so past experience managing virtual teams is highly desirable
- Creating project plans and managing projects on your own
- Knowledge of internet marketing, traditional and online business models and MLM
- Google Analytics (installing and presenting weekly reports automatically)
- Photoshop, basic design and image editing, banner and logo creation skills
- Have worked with post affiliate pro – and email auto-responders and ecommerce in a single site
- Have experience creating blogs and forums and have used Vbulletin
- Experience in the internet or ‘make money’ niche
- Editing videos, audio e.g. with imovie, movie maker, camtasia and uploading them for me etc.
- Basic knowledge of traffic generation strategies e.g. PPC, CPA etc.
- Knowledge of how to set up and coordinate online webinars.
How to apply for this position
a. Explain in no less than 100 words why you think you would be the right person for this role, and how exactly you would contribute to helping achieve our vision.
b. Go through the individual skills (both essential and desired), and identify any past work you have done the shows me that you are competent in those areas. Please provide only relevant examples of your work – don’t send links that are not relevant to what we want you to do.
c. Contact me with your answers, at the same time provide me with your Skype contact details, your company name (if you have one), your profile ID and your name and any other identifying information.
- Please do not send insufficient answers that lack detail…we are looking for the best candidates who are passionate and serious about their success and the success of our business.
- Do not waste your time (our ours) if you are a not really skilled in the areas we need you to be.
- If you share our vision of a technologically savvy company who hires only the best quality people, please apply….immediate start for right person.
On receiving applications I will then personally review and interview strong candidates on Skype.
As a programmer and webmaster you may have other skills that can be used in setting up, maintaining and improving web sites and so forth. Your skills, resources and processes not listed herein are to be added to the procedure as you progress.
Keeping Records and Documenting Your Daily Plans
Each day you must report to me by email and in Google docs spread sheet – you are required to answer the following questions:
- What did you do today?
- What problems did you run into?
- What can I do to help you?
- What are you planning to do tomorrow?
In developing sites and running projects, you will need to put your plans in writing – your plans do not need to be any longer than two pages. We want to know what you are planning to do before you start. You are required to report your progress to us on Google Docs spread sheet that will be made available to you for this purpose. Submit initial outline of your plan to us via email for review & feedback – make necessary changes as requested by us [or, explain why your plan should stay as it is if you think it’s a good plan – important: we don’t want people who always say yes to something if the answer should be NO. I invite you to challenge our decisions to get the best outcomes at all times.
Implement your plan once you have approval via the Google spread sheet and continually be on the lookout for new ways to improve your websites and projects and record your changes and ideas in the Google Docs spread sheet. You need to provide me with your email address so I can share the documents.
Local Laws and Custom
We understand that in the Philippines that your law requires your employer to provide a bonus one month’s pay which is called the ‘thirteenth month’ – I know about the thirteenth month. I will pay it, but I need you to remind me about it; otherwise I’ll forget. So when it comes time for that bonus, just let me know, and I will pay you.
You will also be paid a bonus where you over deliver i.e. before time or where you provide improvement ideas without being asked. If you regularly go above and beyond what is asked of you e.g. you take the initiative to get things in place without asking and you do it competently, and then you will be rewarded with another bonus at my absolute discretion.
To help you understand what we want from you, you will be given complete access to our affiliate programs and sites. As a trusted employee, you will be given access to my software, my hosting account, membership sites and anything else you need to do your job. Just ask if you don’t have what you need or want access to other things.
I will provide some short videos for you to watch that will help you along the way. All you will need to do is tell me where you are having problems then I will make a video to help explain what I need for you to do.
Working on your own and making decisions on your own is what I am ultimately wanting from you and we will get you there once you have been trained to do the job properly. You won’t be expected to be perfect; I just want you to try your best and be loyal to me as your employer – I will reward you for loyalty and delivering what is expected.
Problem Solving and Support
I'm giving you a difficult first task. I know that it’s difficult. I know that it may scare you and make you feel that you’re not going to be good enough and that I won’t like you and will then fire you. So here’s what I want you to do: First, I want you to try. See if you can figure it out.
Google it; find a tutorial; talk to your friends and see what they know and ask if they can help you. But when you get stuck on something and you feel that you’re just not making progress, I want you to ask me for help. I know you’re going to get stuck at some point, and I’m expecting you to come to me for help. I usually know how to solve the problem and how to help you, and if I don’t know how, I can find somebody who does. So again, when you get stuck on something, I need you to come to me and ask for help. I expect this to be a long-term working relationship, and I want this to work out. I’m here to help you.
An overview of our business:
The core of our business is providing business entrepreneurs and existing small business owners with a range of video info-products, coaching services and access to proprietary software that help them to start-up, maintain and grow a traditional or internet based businesses (or both) using a range of products and services provided by our company – My Future Business. Specific details will be provided to the successful candidate.
Hints and Tips:
- If you have questions ask me – we understand that you may not want to ask because you are afraid of losing your job but we won’t fire you for asking questions. We might if you don’t ask questions and end up losing us money.
- You must always be PRODUCTIVE not busy!
- Ask yourself: will what you are about to do improve our business or serve our customers better? If not, don’t proceed and try something else that does.
Good luck with your application….