Sep 16, 2013
Is setting up a SEO optimised site from scratch in Wordpress or Drupal second nature to you? Can you customise templates, code HTML and CSS in your sleep and tell your 302s from your 404s? If so, then we may have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a motivated and experienced web professional to join our existing web development team at Quasisoft Limited and bring our websites into the future, with completely new looks based on the latest in web design and functionality.
You must be able to:
• Install a Wordpress site from scratch on our Linux-based web-servers.
• Apply an off-the-shelf Wordpress template and custom logo.
• Customise the site structure and template HTML and CSS to achieve the desired layout and appearance.
• Add and update content on the sites in a SEO effective manner.
• Be very competent at editing HTML and multi-browser styling using CSS.
• Understand enough PHP to modify templates without breaking the underlying code.
• Understand basic SEO principles regarding page layout and site link structure.
• Convert our existing portfolio of Drupal, Static HTML and custom PHP websites to Wordpress, while preserving the existing link structure.
• Monitor the site access logs and rectify any errors that may occur.
• Keep our websites up-to-date, by monitoring and applying the latest security updates.
The following skills are mandatory:
• Possess good written communication skills in English.
• Be capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
• Report regularly on your activities and be able to discuss in detail proposed and actual website changes.
• Have your own computer and quiet work environment.
• Have a reliable Internet connection, and a backup (e.g. 3G) available should your main link go down.
• Work consistent 8-hour work days (this is a full-time job).
• Be available for contact online during all work hours via Skype / Instant Messenger.
• Install RescueTime on your computer to participate in our team productivity management system.
These skills are desirable:
• Knowledge of modern web standards such as HTML5 and CSS3, toolkits such as jQuery, and modern design techniques such as responsive and grid-based layouts.
• Familiar with using version control software such as Subversion or Git to manage your work.
• Understand how to configure Apache or other web-servers using the Linux command line.
• Be a fast learner who is eager to increase your understanding, try new things and develop new skills.
HOW TO APPLY
• This job is a full-time work-from-home position (40 hours per week).
• It should be your only job. Do not apply if this will not be your only job.
• The full-time salary is negotiable, depending on skills and experience.
• The job will commence with a one-month trial, after which it will become permanent should we be satisfied with your work.
• Payment is weekly during the trial period, then monthly or fortnightly once permanent.
Send your CV and cover letter with Subject "Web Developer" to: email@example.com
Please make sure to tell us a little bit about yourself and your background. In particular, please detail how your skills and experience fit each of the tasks and skills listed in this job description. We also need to see examples of any previous websites you have worked on.
Thank you and good luck!