Dec 02, 2022
Job Title: Junior Software Engineer (Long-Term Contract)
Reports To: VP of Engineering
Location: Manila, Philippines
Required Hours: 40 Hours / Week
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7 AM - 4 PM Philippine Standard Time
• Optimatics was founded in 1997 with a singular vision: to help water utilities apply modern computer aided design techniques to the design of water networks. We provide and support the artificial intelligence algorithms and technologies that more than four hundred progressive water utilities around the world are applying with incredible outcomes.
• As a Software Engineer, you will help us build our product by developing high-impact, user-facing features. You will work collaboratively with internal and external end-users to deliver a beautiful, productive, and high-quality solution to the market.
• You will work with stakeholders to drive the implementation and prioritization of major features.
• You will be a champion of best practices for writing well-tested, well-designed, and well-organized code.
• You will become familiar with a large fraction of our technology stack.
• Together with your team, you will design and implement software features to be scalable and resilient.
• You will be a driver for continuous positive change to our development process and to our engineering culture.
• You will be working with a disciplined team of focused and highly skilled developers. Our team is well respected for its Agile practices, and for its ownership of the development process.
• You are joining a team where everyone is striving to constantly improve their understanding of infrastructure, systems, and data science.
• We believe in developing great software and supporting our peers.
• In your role, you will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and delivering support for the Optimatics Optimizer technology and software platform.
• You will interact with your stakeholders and with internal and external end users on a regular basis. You will pair and work collaboratively with your tea
• Your work will involve maintenance of existing software features, resolving defects, testing, and deploying software. You will participate in architecture and design, as well as development, testing and documentation. You will provide technical and code quality oversight for the work of your peers.
• At all times, you will strive to maintain high quality product, and to support your tea
For this role, we are interested in people who love solving problems, working collaboratively with a dynamic team to deliver meaningful value. You should be excited about the opportunity to work iteratively and with regular introspection, to improve your own work and your team's process consistently over time.
To be successful in this role, you will also need to have the following skills, or be well prepared to develop them on the job.
• 2+ years of experience delivering commercial software.
• Bachelor’s degree with a focus on an appropriate field of study (e.g., Computer Science), or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• An understanding of and enthusiasm for best practice Engineering methodologies involved in the design, development and testing of software.
• A passion for building beautiful, high-quality software, making happy users, and maintaining a productive working environment.
• The ability to prioritize multiple tasks and juggle competing priorities.
• Possess advanced planning, analytical and sound problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to use initiative to achieve speci?ed outcomes with minimum supervision, working both individually and as a tea
• Ability to communicate clearly in the English language in written and verbal communication. The following skills and experience are valued but are not mandatory. We are considering a wide range of experience levels for this role.
Here are some of the broad range of skills and experience we value in other parts of our business. They are not required for this role, but if you have any experience in these areas, we'd love for you to share that experience with us.
• Cross-platform development for Windows and Linux.