Jan 10, 2023
**PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ ALL OF THE DESCRIPTION BEFORE APPLYING. ANY APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ARE NOT BEING CONSIDERED AND AUTOMATICALLY DELETED**
We’re looking for a Video Editor that can edit/create short and long form video clips from podcast video recordings to post on various social platforms.
As the video editor, you will be responsible for editing raw recorded video footage, applying artistic editing techniques, and creating complete, post ready long and short form videos.
To ensure success as our video editor, you should:
- Have knowledge of modern video editing techniques
- Be able to consistently produce ready to post videos reflecting Mandy's style and brand voice
- Work according to a strict time schedule
Video Editor Responsibilities:
- Eliminating dead air, filler words, and other necessary cuts from 1-2 long form videos per week
- Trimming footage and putting together to create 3-5 reels per long form video
- Inserting text overlay, sound effects, music, graphics, etc. accurately depicting Mandy’s brand voice
- Work directly with Mandy’s EA to complete projects by deadlines
Video Editor Requirements:
- Previous work experience as a video editor
- Hands-on experience with editing software
- Creative and artistic skills
- Familiarity with social media video editing formats
- Portfolio of editing experience to include social media platform videos
- Ability to work to a tight schedule with quick turn around time
Vanessa Lau is SIMILAR to the editing style we desire. Please reference the links below for an idea of what style we'd expect and ensure your abilities can follow through with before applying.
** To apply for the position, please submit your answers to the following questions **
- Tell us a little about yourself (this is to be about you, not your qualifications).
- How many hours are you available weekly?
- What are your other commitments (please describe in detail)?
- If you were to work full time with us, what hourly rate would you expect to be paid?
- What video editing software do you use?
- What brands/businesses have you worked with in the past?
- What social media platforms do you have experience editing videos for?
- Share an example of a time when you did not understand or know how to do a task and how you overcame that obstacle.
- Why should we choose you for the position?
- Submit 2 examples of previous video editing work you have completed (1 short form and 1 long form videos).
- If available, please list 2 references name and