USD 1600 per month
Jan 07, 2023
R2 Reliability Pty Ltd is the company behind the Road to Reliability™ framework and runs the site
We’re looking to add a talented and self-motivated fullstack developer to our team to look after the maintenance and development of our main WordPress website, our online Road to Reliability™ Academy website (WordPress + LearnDash + BuddyBoss + MemberPress), and our upcoming mobile App (iOS and Android via BuddyBoss).
You will work remotely and can be based anywhere in the world. As a smaller business, we deliberately hire talent from different regions of the world to keep costs down, create diversity, and build a multi-lingual team.
Through the Road to Reliability™ Academy we deliver online training and coaching in industrial maintenance and plant reliability. Our customers are in all parts of the world, from individuals to large multinational companies. We have big plans and are working to deliver our online training in 8-10 different languages to better service our customers.
We believe in being a force for good and that means:
- building a great company with a strong focus on our values and behaviours. My aspiration is to build a small, but mighty team that truly enjoys working together and delivers a world-class product and experience to our customers.
- serving our niche to the best of our ability and reaching those less fortunate than us. To that purpose, we have launched the Road to Reliability™ Scholarship program enabling students in developing nations to access our training with a 75% Scholarship
- aligning our company mission and vision to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
The company is growing with a small team of full-time and part-time contractors working across the Asia-Pacific region, currently all reporting to the Managing Director based in Brisbane, Australia. We will deliberately hire talent in different regions of the world to keep costs down, create diversity, and build a multi-lingual team.
This new role will be responsible for all website maintenance and development and oversee the development and launch of our Mobile App.
As our Senior Developer your initial responsibilities will consist of:
- updating and maintaining our main WordPress website (www.roadtoreliability) ensuring all updates are first test on our staging site
- updating and maintaining our Road to Reliability™ Academy website (WordPress + LearnDash + BuddyBoss + MemberPress) ensuring all updates are first thoroughly(!) tested on our staging site
- leading the development of a range of improvement projects for both our main website as well as our Academy website examples would be setting up multi-lingual functionality on our main website (using e.g. WPML or TranslatePress), custom development and styling of BuddyBoss Forum pages, development of an interactive member map in BuddyBoss.
- leading the launch of our Road to Reliability™ Academy mobile app (iOS and Android) using the BuddyBoss app, this will require some custom PHP and React native work to achieve the desired functionality.
- documenting all web and mobile app functionality and custom development
- potentially hiring and managing freelancers for specialist work we can not do in-house (this should be an exception)
Knowledge and skills are important, but we will primarily hire based on attitude and behaviour, which means:
- You are honest, reliable, and have a great attitude to work
- You do what you say and say what you do
- You pay attention to detail, get things right the first time
- You take initiative and can work with relatively little supervision
- You speak up when you don’t know something or don’t understand, but are proactive enough to then go and find out and learn.
- You can work well on your own, but can manage and lead a team
- You have no problem receiving feedback from others and acting on it
- You are an effective communicator and explain what you are working on to non-coders including explaining why it needs to be done in a certain way (or not) and can work well with others
Your Skills & Experience
- You have a computer science degree or equivalent
- You have extensive experience in custom development but understand the trade-off between custom development and commercial solutions
- You have some skills in React Native and open to learning more
What’s on Offer
This will be a remote role allowing you to work from home. You will, however, be required to work part of your time during Australian business hours i.e. your workday should have at least 2 hours between 7 am to 7 pm GMT+10 to ensure overlap with the rest of the team.
The role is full-time (40 hours per week) and to help with a transition from an existing role, we can look at starting part-time (50%) for the first 1-2 months. There will be a 3-month probation period.
Base pay will be between USD 1,200 and USD 1,600 per month depending on experience, with a 13th-month pay in December, up to 3 months cash bonus subject to company performance, 20 days leave, and an annual allowance of USD 1,000 towards Private Health Insurance.
If you are interested then please complete the online application (link below) summarising your background, your experience, and what makes you an excellent
Apply via this online form:
Only applications via this form will be considered!
The application process will be extensive and quite involved: the first step is to complete the online application form. Those applications will be reviewed, and the strongest candidates will be invited to complete an online assessment using a 3rd party platform to assess your technical