Feb 09, 2023
### JOB DESCRIPTION: EDITORIAL COPYWRITER
We are seeking a full-time Editorial Copywriter to join our team! In this role, you will primarily be responsible for writing (1) romance copy for our bedding and décor products, (2) blog posts related to interior design / home goods that are SEO-optimized, (3) ad copy (mainly PPC) and (4) other marketing copy.
We may provide you with topics to write blog posts on; alternatively, we may ask you to research good topics to write about yourself (based on your understanding of the industry and search volume). To write these blog posts, you may need to do independent research.
As our Editorial Copywriter, you will be an important contributor to our company’s content and customer experience, providing copy that’s smart, engaging, revenue-minded, and empathetic to the customer journey/mindset.
**Previous experience in writing effective copy for an interior design-related field (e.g., home goods) is a must for this role. We are looking for a long-term tea
### PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write romance product copy for our new products
- Write compelling and engaging blog posts on interior design-related topics (e.g., bedroom styling) that are in alignment with our brand voice. The primary objectives of our blog posts is to help establish our authority, increase our organic search results and also help sell products
- Write marketing copy for
- Perform research needed to write good romance copy and blog posts, including competitor research, keyword research and trends research
- Support business growth and creative evolution by monitoring industry trends and providing concepts that help the brand remain fresh, competitive, and forward-thinking
- Helps customers better understand our collection and key value propositions; always considers customer pain points when developing product stories
- Assist with other copy-related projects on an as-needed basis
- Must have at least 3 years of relevant copywriting experience – ie, you have previously written for a luxury goods, fashion, or home brand (either in-house or as a freelancer)
- Must have a strong portfolio, including editorial, marketing, and/or product copy written for other brands
- Must have excellent English skills (sound like native English writer) - this is important for our American audience
- Understanding of how to write SEO-friendly blog posts, including how to do keyword research and determine what articles to write copy for
- Ability to work with our US team via
- Preferred, but not required: experience with Airtable, Notion, Slack and Google Sheets
- Strong storytelling abilities. You show a passion for telling a good story, and romancing products and brands.
- Can take projects from concept to completion. You’re a good planner and writer who sees the big picture without missing the little details
- Can weave facts into engaging copy and has a talent for writing in a brand-aligned fashion
- Detail- and deadline-driven
- Stable and highly dependable
- Works well independently, but also comfortable taking direction from others
### HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your application at the following link:
As part of your application, we ask that you take 10-15 minutes to write a sample piece of romance copy for a bedding product. We know that this is an investment of your time and appreciate you making the effort to help us understand whether or not this is a good fit. We will respond to every single application in either the affirmative or negative. Thanks for your interest!
### ABOUT HIEND ACCENTS
HiEnd Accents creates designer bedding and home decor. Founded by a husband-wife team in 2005, we remain a family business today. Our customers love our unique designs across a wide range of styles, everyday luxury pricing and commitment to excellent service. We sell on both a wholesale as well as retail basis and are based in Irving, TX.
### WHY HIEND
Because we’re an awesome team with a great product and a big appetite. We're growing quickly and are building a team that participates in that growth—as we grow, so will you. Our small size and fast-paced culture reward people who act and think like owners. If you're someone who works hard, takes initiative and isn't afraid to speak up, there's no limit to how far you can go here!
Working at HiEnd Accents means that you can expect the following:
- **Competitive Compensation -** We offer a competitive compensation package, including benefits starting after 60 days (for full time tea
- **Professional Growth -** We invest in our people and make sure that they have the opportunity to continuously learn, grow and develop their careers
- **Great Team -** You’ll be joining a like-minded team of fun, friendly and enthusiastic people! We’re based half in Dallas and half in the Philippines.