Oct 18, 2022
The Patient Services Coordinator performs various duties associated with patient services. The Patient Services Coordinator is responsible for all components of the patient experience ranging from patient in-take, office visit, patient close-out, and appointment scheduling. The position also oversees the reporting function for the clinic, including compliance-specific reports and corporate statistics.
Work hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM US CST Monday through Friday. Work hours are subject to provider schedule and needs. Therefore, work hours could change without notice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares weekly reports, including documentation for management regarding the status of Data Rap appointments and general patient information.
• Oversees the membership report and ensures that information provided by the information technology department is updated bi-weekly to reflect all current patient data.
• Coordinates initial patient contact and ensures patient eligibility to the clinic, and verifies that the appropriate primary care physician is listed before setting up appointments
• Prepares and mails out new patient packets to include welcome letters, magnets, bios, and appointment confirmation dates.
• Initiates Comfort Care appointments for patients as needed and troubleshoots problems that may arise between Comfort Care and the patient.
• Completes a monthly membership report to review new members and to check for patients that are not reachable.
• Coordinates with PHC customer service for patients that are not reachable and involves management in taking the next steps to follow up with the patient.
• Validates patients' attestation sheets and conducts research to determine when a patient may need a follow-up visit.
• Coordinates with the physicians and ensures timely submission of the attestation sheets to the Data Rap department.
• Reviews and tracks the Data Rap process to ensure patients are scheduled promptly or re-scheduled as needed.
• Provides customer service to patients in person and via phone. Greets patients as they arrive and ensures appropriate paperwork and accompanying documentation are completed and collected for patient file and billing
• Inputs and/or updates patient demographic information in RIS and advice on the collection of patient payment
• Schedule routine and follow-up appointments. Reviews all incoming faxes and routes to the appropriate area of the clinic.
• Serves as a team lead as needed by the Clinic Administrator.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned.
• Must have a first degree in a healthcare-related field
• Must have 2+ years of experience working in an outpatient medical office.
• Must have EHR and data entry experience
• Must have excellent spoken and written English skills; organizational skills; interpersonal and customer service skills
• Must have an excellent understanding of medical terminology, disease process and anatomy, and physiology.
• Must Possess planning, organizing, conflict resolution, negotiating, and interpersonal skills
• Independent problem identification/resolution and decision-making skills
• Must be able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks and demands simultaneously
• Must be reliable, task-oriented, self-directed, reliable, and able to meet designated deadlines and productivity standards
• Must have Strong inter-personal and advanced Verbal and Written English communication skills
• Must have a typing speed of at least 40 words per minute.
• Ability to maintain an accuracy level of 99.5% and above consistently
• Must be able and willing to Perform General Administrative Tasks
• Must have Knowledge of HIPAA, recognizing a commitment to privacy, security, and confidentiality of all medical chart documentation.
• The ability to communicate in Spanish is a strong plus but not required
• Must have a primary dedicated Windows 10 or Higher OS desktop or laptop with at least an i5 processor, 8 GB RAM with an HD webcam (Include a link showing the computer system Properties)
• Must have a Backup PC or Laptop conforming to primary computer specifications. (Laptop - Please detail hardware/software configuration when applying)
• Have a reliable, secure, and private high-speed internet connection (at least 3mbps up and down speed)
• Must have a Backup ISP
Please provide a brief but clear answer to the following questions in your
1) Provide the following:
Unrestricted link to your Resume:
Unrestricted link to your Typing Test Result:
Unrestricted link to your computer properties image:
Unrestricted link to your network speed image:
2) What is your highest level of education?
3) Have you been trained as a virtual healthcare medical assistant?
4.) Have you worked as a medical assistant (remotely or in person)? If yes, how many months or years of medical scribing experience do you have?
5) How many years of experience do you have working as a medical assistant with EHR Systems? Which EHR system have you used, and for how long?
6) Have you ever worked as a virtual employee? If yes, in what capacity/position and for how long?
7) Are you currently working? If yes, what are your current work hours?
8) The position supports outpatient practice in Central US Standard Time work hours. Are you willing and available to work these hours?