$6.50 per hour
Oct 08, 2022
Busy Internal Medicine practice is looking for a full-time Realtime remote (work from home) self-motivated clinical staff with virtual scribing experience in any primary care outpatient setting. The ideal candidate is required to have knowledge of medical terminologies and excellent English listening and writing skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Pre-encounter activities (24 hours before patients’ scheduled visit: (a)Review Consultant/Specialist Notes and Imaging Studies and complete appropriate flowsheets. (b) Update Medical and Procedure History
• In Realtime, summarize and document conversations between the provider and patient in the progress note
• Transcribe dictated notes from the provider (both during and post-encounter)
• Pull data from various parts of the chart into the encounter as directed by the provider
• Input appropriate diagnosis and service codes using EMR and other available databases
• Organize and format encounter progress notes following SOAP note structure
• Update Health Alerts at the end of the encounter in the EMR
• Reviews the record and verifies that the documentation requirements have been met for the designated code assigned by the provider.
• Follow patient confidentiality guidelines and legal documentation requirements, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
• Adhere to all documentation compliance standards.
• Ensure the providers review the Electronic Health records for accuracy.
• Develop and maintain a mutually respectful working relationship with all providers.
• Be Available for provider concerns and questions and always be ready to assist in improving documentation.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the providers.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
• Be a Registered Nurse or Allied Healthcare professional (education can be replaced with comparable medical scribing experience).
• Have at least one year of Virtual Medical Scribing experience in an outpatient clinic setting
• Certification as a medical scribe is a plus but not required.
• Have a Strong understanding of medical terminology, anatomy, medications, abbreviations, charting, etc.
• Must have an excellent understanding of ICD-10-CM coding classification, CPT, and HCPCS in Primary care setting.
• Must have strong clinical knowledge of chronic illness diagnosis, treatment, and management.
• Ability to timely summarize medical records/ charts
• Have Advance Verbal and Written English communication skills
• Must have a typing speed of at least 60 words per minute.
• Ability to maintain an accuracy level of 99.5% and above consistently
• Must be able and willing to Perform General Administrative Tasks
• Have strong listening skills, proactive communication, attention to detail, and the ability to meet a deadline.
• Be Willing to commit to 35-40 hours weekly and to remotely work Central US Standard time Mon – Friday (8 AM to 5 PM).
• Must be a team player and willing to communicate with other practice staff.
• Must have a broad knowledge of various EMR systems and be quick to learn new EMR systems.
• Must be self-motivated and dedicated and have a distraction-free HIPAA-compliant workspace at home for work
• Complete PC Set w headset (Please detail PC configuration when applying)
• Must be Technology savvy, responsible, confident, and self-motivated.
• Must have High Computer proficiency (including MS Windows, MS Office, and the Internet)
• Must be task-oriented, reliable, and able to meet designated deadlines and productivity standards
• Must have strong Personal discipline to work remotely without direct supervision.
• Must have Knowledge of HIPAA, recognizing a commitment to privacy, security, and confidentiality of all medical chart documentation.
• Must have strong organizational skills, interpersonal and customer service skills, excellent English written and oral communication skills, and analytical skills.
• Must have a primary dedicated Windows 10 or Higher OS desktop or laptop with at least an i5 processor, 8 GB RAM with an HD webcam (Include a link showing the computer system Properties)
• Must have a Backup PC or Laptop conforming to primary computer specifications. (Laptop - Please detail hardware/software configuration when applying)
• Have a reliable, secure, and private high-speed internet connection (at least 3mbps up and down speed)
• Must have a Backup ISP
Application Instructions (applicants must strictly follow application instructions, or the application will be discarded)
1. Preinterview Task:
2. Provide the following:
Unrestricted link to your Resume:
Unrestricted link to your Typing Test Result:
Unrestricted link to your computer properties image:
Unrestricted link to your network speed image:
3. Which EHR system have you used, and for how long?
4. Have you ever worked as a remote coder? If yes, for how long?
5. Are you currently working? If yes, what are your current work hours?
6. The position supports outpatient practice in Central US Standard Time work hours. Are you willing and available to work these hours?