PHP 350 HOURLY
Oct 08, 2022
Disclaimer: If you apply without relevant experience OR following instructions, you will be reported and may be banned from this job board.
Tired of knowing your worth and skill level as a Revenue Cycle Management Specialist but not getting the compensation or experience you deserve? We get it.
Expert Medical Billing is an end-to-end Revenue Cycle Management startup that is rapidly growing and searching for experienced Revenue Cycle Management Specialists with experience in Medical Practice and Groups in the United States.
*PART TIME POSITION WITH ABILITY TO BE MOVED TO FULL-TIME AFTER 3 MONTHS ON CONDITION OF GOOD PERFORMANCE. EITHER BILLING/CODING CERTIFICATION OR RELEVANT DEGREE IS REQUIRED*
- Contact insurance companies or via online portals to perform eligibility checks for patients, collect balances, copays, send out invoices.
- Communicate directly with insurance companies to check the status of claim submissions
- Perform insurance claim follow-ups for insurance denials and appeals
- Assist with other billing and collection duties, as needed
- May need to assist with prior authorizations for certain procedures
- Monitors and maintains the Unbilled and Alert Financial Report on a daily basis. Maintains confidentiality of patient Medical Records
- Maintains accuracy when assigning diagnosis codes
- Maintains accuracy when assigning procedure codes.
- Maintains daily productivity log and provides copy to Manager at the end of each week
- Contacts Manager with any issues that will affect productivity or unbilled report
- Adheres to confidentiality policies and procedures at all times
- Contacts physicians or appropriate personnel of diagnosis when needed
- Contacts Ancillary Departments when additional information is needed to code a record
- Monitors and corrects and discrepancies on the Unbilled and Alert Financial Report daily, contacting Manager for resolution
- Organizes records to be reviewed by the Manager or Billing Supervisor daily.
- Stays current with ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 through coding clinics and seminars, as well as changes in the Medicare/Insurance industry.
- Accounts daily for all patient records to be coded and notifies AR Manager immediately of records missing.
- May need to multi-task including scheduling patients, adding documents to charts, taking phone calls, check in process/check out process if needed.
ICD-10: 2 years (Preferred)
Medical billing: 3+ years (Required)
Medical coding: 2+ years (Required)
Quality assurance: 2 years (Preferred)
Either Medical Billing Certification OR Relevant Degree (Required)
Time: 30-40 Hours/Week
Benefits: 10% annual salary increase, flexible work schedule
1. Ensure that you meet criteria (or you will be reported)
2. Attach resume/CV
3. Answer this question in your application: What is your main strength? What is your main weakness?