Oct 08, 2022
We know that applying for a new job at any company requires trust. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply to Koch. Here are a few resources that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Koch.
- View our Linkedin:
- Read our Core Values at Koch:
- View our corporate website:
- Listen to our Podcast!
- Check us out on Instagram!
Who Are We?
We're Koch, an Auto Group from Canada, now celebrating our 57th year in business! We made waves as the first OEM dealer to offer Canadians an automotive e-commerce experience. We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and accurate. Small groups mean less bureaucracy, less management, and more getting things done.
Do you check your GitHub more than your
We’re looking for a Web Developer! You’ll be working on our product websites using the Shopify platform. As the Web Developer you’ll be responsible for maintaining the front-end, and supporting our Lead Developer on the back-end. You will work alongside our Graphic Designer to build, update, and optimize web pages while maintaining consistency across all websites. This role requires proficiency in Ruby.
This is a permanent fully remote position, allowing you to work from anywhere. The right candidate will be a professional capable of completing projects on time, working well with others, great communication, and a strong attention to
What You'll Do.
- Participate in 10-20 minute morning scrum meetings
- Front-End Web Development for multiple eCommerce websites
- Perform all activities in the software development life cycle (Plan, Implement, Test, Document, Deploy, Maintain)
- Translating designs and prototypes from Figma into working, production quality code
- Utilizing GitHub with the Lead Developer to track and submit code changes to new and existing projects
- Work with other departments (Marketing, Sales, Fleet, Service) and transform business requests into solutions, under the direction of the Lead Developer
- Troubleshoot and develop bug fixes
- Communicate progress updates to the Technology Team through Discord and Shortcut
- Participating in code review assessments to ensure high quality code, identify bugs, or errors before deploying
What You Will Need To Succeed.
- Experience as a front-end developer within a Ruby environment
- CSS, SCSS
- Experience with version-control system like Git or similar
- Exposure to development methodologies and best practices applicable to web and mobile development projects
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills
Nice To Have, But Okay If You Don't.
- Automotive experience
- Experience with development in Shopify
- Experience with cloud platforms: AWS
- Experience with Java or Kotlin and Android Development
What We Need From You.
- Share your Git profile with us
Our Tech Stack.
Applying Is Simple.
We will only consider qualified candidates. If this is you, send us a one-page resume and the following questions:
- Include your Git profile
- You're welcome to include a cover letter if you'd like, but that is completely up to you.
That's all you gotta do!