$1,120.00 - $1,920.00/month depending on experience
Aug 29, 2022
We are a Managed I.T. Service provider, and we are looking to hire an experienced senior network engineer to manage and maintain our clients' enterprise network. As a senior network engineer, you will be responsible for managing and mentoring our network and handling advanced support issues. Ultimately, you will be responsible for our network's functional management and resolving network issues.
To ensure success as a senior network engineer, you should have extensive experience working with enterprise networks, high-level managerial skills, and advanced project management skills. A Top-class Senior Network Engineer ensures the networking team performs as a cohesive unit, maintaining the stability and performance of the
Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
Configure and install software, servers, routers, and other network devices
Creating and implementing network security measures.
Conducting regular network performance
Monitor network performance and integrity
Resolve issues tiers of support have escalated by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure
Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
Maintain complete technical documentation
Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity, and scalability
Senior Network Engineer Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related field.
Professional certification (e.g., CCNP, CCDP)
Solid background in network administration and architecture
In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g., BGP, OSPF)
Industry-related experience as a Senior Network Engineer or Network Administrator
Minimum of five years of work experience as a networking engineer.
Advanced knowledge of network operating systems, including Cisco, Meraki, Palo Alto, and Sophos.
Familiarity with communication and routing protocols.
Sharp troubleshooting skills
Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring, and analysis tools
Proficiency with coding languages, including Python and Perl.
High-level problem-solving and communication skills.
Ability to work independently
Credentials and Experience:
• Engineer with three to four years’ experience
• Minimum 4 years’ experience – Cisco Switching, VLAN, Routing, Firewalling Support
• Minimum 4 years’ experience - Mobile Messaging Technologies (Blackberry Enterprise and/or ActiveSync) Support
• Minimum 4 years’ experience - Server Hardware Technologies (CPU/RAID/SCSI) Support
• Minimum 4 years’ experience - Data Backup and Recovery Support, Corporate Antivirus Support, VPN Connectivity Support
• Has at least one certification. The following certifications are preferred: MCITP, MCP, CCNA/CCDA/CCNP, Project+, Network+
• Solid dependable engineer, follows directions and maximizes billing opportunities
• Consistently receives good client feedback
• Available to work between 7AM and 5PM US Pacific Time
• Computer with 1920x1080 or higher screen resolution, minimum 8Gb RAM, SSD storage
• Stable Internet connection with backup
When applying for this job, please include a link to your resume in a PDF format along with your mobile number.