PHP 50,000 - 100,000+/mo FT depending on skills & exp
Jun 12, 2022
Ready for an exciting and enjoyable Senior Ecommerce Developer / Tech Lead role where you can spread your wings and LEVEL UP your career?
How about a role that’s stable and long-term, allows you to work in the comfort of your home (so you can spend more time with your family) in a fun & friendly virtual team environment, and offers a personal development budget?
If you’re an experienced ecommerce developer who LOVES to build great BigCommerce and/or Shopify websites for small businesses, who wants to become a pioneering leader of your own mighty development team in a fast growing company, and wants to be VALUED and appreciated for your contributions - this might just be the job you’re looking for :)
** WHO ARE WE? **
We’re Reign Ecommerce - established in 2007, we’re one of the first DISRUPTOR ecommerce consultancies in Australia and we’re looking to expand our PH based development team.
We work with fast growing small businesses with amazing owners in Australia and New Zealand - helping them to create better Shopify and BigCommerce stores to get more customers and grow their profits (which means we grow with them!).
Our mission isn’t to be the biggest ecommerce consultancy or “agency” in the world… (by the way, we’re NOT an agency).
It’s to be the BEST - helping our clients grow their businesses so that they can live their best lives and give back to their communities.
To achieve this, we launched a new subscription service offering value-packed ecommerce website build and support packages to boost our small business heroes (who were often neglected/forgotten by agencies).
Our clients stay with us for a minimum of TWO YEARS after we launch their new websites - that’s why we’ve doubled even during Covid (and why we’re set to double again within a year).
** WHY ARE WE HIRING? **
Over the past two years, our new subscription service has been making waves and we’ve grown quickly through word of mouth and referrals - and it’s been AWESOME.
But now, we’re ready to make more of an impact on the world…
We work with business owners who do GOOD in the world, and we know that if we can work with MORE of these businesses, everybody wins.
So... we are on a mission to grow, and (in growing) to make a positive dent in the universe.
.......And that is where you come in :)
As our Senior Ecommerce Developer / Tech Lead, you will be working with our Principal Ecommerce Consultant, Client Success Managers and Project Managers to:
* Deliver high quality, feature rich, mobile friendly and conversion optimised BigCommerce and Shopify websites, according to detailed specs and/or mockups, within timelines and scope
* Provide timely ongoing enhancements, support, maintenance, bug fixes, app recommendations/installations and upgrades to websites you’ve built as part of a Care Plan subscription which runs for a minimum of 24 months
* Cross-browser and device testing/QA of website deliverables before they are presented for sign-off by clients, consultants or project managers
* Lead, support, and manage a team of remote developers to make sure projects and tasks are done on time to a high quality standard
* Assist with putting systems and processes in place to ensure the successful and on time completion of website projects and care plan tasks
Ultimately, it comes down to this…
We do GREAT work for our amazing clients (we know because our clients REFER their friends), but we’re limited on how many more clients we can help due to our small team size.
So we need our Senior Ecommerce Developer / Tech Lead to become a leader and mentor for our next hires (ecommerce developers) so that we can expand our reach and help more business owners who need us.
** OUR NEW SENIOR ECOMMERCE DEVELOPER / TECH LEAD WILL GET: **
* A long-term, permanent role where they can build and lead a new team, establishing themself as a pioneering leader in a fast growing, startup-like (but stable) company with lots of opportunities to further their own career
* An amazing team culture with people from all walks of life, where everyone is VALUED and their contributions and hard work are recognised! We are family friendly and respect that people have lives outside of work - so we don’t expect late nights and weekends.
* Career mentorship, responsibility and recognition, a competitive salary and a monthly ”personal development” budget to help you grow both in your career, and in your "outside of work" life.
** TO BE SUCCESSFUL, YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE: **
* 2+ years of deep BigCommerce and/or Shopify experience along with the ability to code in Stencil CLI and Liquid (mandatory) - you must be highly knowledgeable and self-sufficient in these platforms.
* 3+ years of strong experience as a developer working alongside or leading other developers. Previous experience with Australian, NZ, US, Canadian or UK agencies and/or clients would be advantageous.
* Strong communication skills in written English. Must be able to easily read and understand technical specifications and accurately follow directions and procedures in written English (but of course you may communicate with your fellow Filipino colleagues in Tagalog).
* Ability to code responsive HTML5/CSS3 and front-end JS, and an eye for design - that is, you instinctively know what “looks good” and can quickly spot when something looks out of place or broken on a website.
* Preferably a degree in Software/Computer Engineering/Science, IT or a related discipline, with an open mind and the ability to learn quickly.
* Innovative and self-motivated with a “can do”, solutions focussed attitude - always striving for continuous self-improvement and best practice.
* Strong multitasking abilities which enable the on-time completion and juggling/delegation of multiple tasks with a sense of urgency. Project and time management skills are key.
* High attention to detail is VERY important in this role, especially as you may be the final "check" before new features or releases are launched.
*** To make sure you have got the right attention to detail for this role - please include the secret codeword "Strawberry Smoothie" in your cover letter :). Any applications missing these words will not be considered. ****
** IMPORTANT ADMIN THINGS ABOUT THIS ROLE: **
* This role is 100% remote (meaning you can work from home) BUT, you will need to work during Australian business hours, i.e. 9am – 6pm Monday to Friday (AEST/ADST), i.e. 7am - 4pm PST / 6am - 3pm PST.
* Communication with clients will be via
* Being a 100% online job in a business that’s scaling up, you’d need to follow processes and be disciplined in admin as they’re important for accountability, e.g. keeping up-to-date project and task records/logs, providing regular status updates and recording timesheets.
* This is a permanent role (either full time or part time) which requires attendance during regular hours on a daily basis. If you are looking for a flexi-time freelance gig that you can juggle with multiple other clients - please don’t apply as this job won’t work for you :)
** READY TO JOIN US? :) **
To apply, please send us your CV, a non-generic cover letter with the secret codeword and ecommerce portfolio (if you have one). We will then guide you through the next steps of the application process.
If you have any questions about the role, no need to be shy - just send us an
Thank you for your interest in our small and mighty company! :)