PHP $100,000 Per month
Jun 22, 2022
We’re an early stage, Aussie-born, global fintech disruptor focused on opening up a world of possibilities for businesses seeking simple, seamless, all-in-one payments. What does this mean? We take the complexity out of gift cards, providing new ways to connect merchants and consumers.
Our start-up is well funded, and as we scale, we are bringing together a collective of like-minded people. Our platform is scalable globally and bolstered by a multi-year strategic partnership with Mastercard. Recognising the opportunity, CommBank formed a new strategic partnership with Karta in October 2021. With ground-breaking technology that simplifies gift cards for consumers and businesses, we are bringing together an amazing team of engineers globally.
As we grow, the reliability of our applications and infrastructure becomes even more critical, with the customer always front of mind, we are searching for a DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to the Tech team. Reporting to the Senior DevOps Engineer, the SRE will assist with bridging the gap between our developers and IT
You have a collaborative mindset, know how to keep your finger on the pulse, building upon historical knowledge, whilst also ruthlessly prioritising what needs to get done to ensure ongoing service reliability.
What you will lead:
- Improve the platforms scalability, reliability, monitoring and alerting processes in a collaborative way
- Create Monitors, Dashboards and SLOs & SLIs to ensure transparency, and real time collaborative responses
- Ensure our systems can perform and scale in line with increasing demand
- Proactively recommend opportunities, whether it be hands-on day-to-day code changes or administration, through to -exploring new technology and solutions to mitigate risk or increase our performance
- Support the I
- Propose changes to cloud platforms and underlying architecture to enhance security & resilience to failure
- Manage DevOps pipeline tools including Github Actions
- Identify future performance bottlenecks and help design and implement solutions, forming contingency plans where necessary
- Design and implement processes, tools, automation to improve the reliability of the Cloud services
- Work with engineering teams to ensure reliability best practices and tools are rolled out in every service across the whole cloud infrastructure
- Ensure our software documentation is up to date
- Collaborate and liaise with tea
- Prepare key progress reports and overviews for stakeholders
- Contribute to a culture of performance, living up to commitments and having a focus on continuous improvement leveraging agile methodologies
What you can demonstrate:
- Hands-on implementation experience with Terraform, CloudFormation, CI/CD, Docker and Datadog
- Good working knowledge of system security issues and i
- Deep knowledge across the AWS cloud platform
- Observability tooling such as DataDog, Splunk, NewRelic, SumoLogic
- Expert understanding of DevOps and Automation principles and Infrastructure as a Code concepts and techniques
- The ability to work across multiple locations and time zones
- Excellent technical, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with the Agile/Scrum tools framework
- Highly effective cross-functional working style and excellent communication
- Previous experience with Confluence, Jira or other similar tools is a must
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, a related field or related professional certifications
- Previous experience working in DevOps, SRE or similar in a modern public cloud environment (AWS)
- Proven experience working in financial services or payments, a fast moving, fast paced fintech start up
- You inspire those around you with your positive mindset
- You have a contagious energy, and engaging style
- You are a structured thinker, able to bring clarity of thought
- You have sound judgement using data combined with your intuition
- You are comfortable with ambiguity whilst working in an evolving environment
- You are perceptive and enjoy the ‘hustle’ required to get things done
- You know it’s not just what you deliver, it is how - you do things the right way, every time
Why is working with Karta so special?
We are a growing team, with the customer at the heart of all that we do. We are a welcoming and friendly bunch, on the cusp of something pretty Special! Inspired by the journey ahead and our supportive leadership team, we are all in. We are building our Company culture together to ensure we can achieve our goals and have fun along the way. We are a true start up, figuring everything out as we go, making progress as we face the usual growing pains.
We are pretty excited about our products, the tech stack, and our suit free, open mike no ‘bs’ work style and approach. We are a truly flexible organisation, with the option of remote or hybrid work styles that reflect your role and your personal circumstances.
We know that innovation thrives where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our engineering teams.