Dec 29, 2021
dash.fi is the world's first financial platform purpose-built for digital ad spend
dash.fi is a technology-enabled finance company that develops corporate cards designed for high-growth brands globally.
Founded in 2020, dash.fi has raised $6.2 million in funding from investors including Mucker Capital as well as industry veteran FinTech investors.
More than 400 businesses are on pace to use dash.fi to process over $1B in transaction volume in 2022. Customers include some of the fastest-growing Shopify stores owners, performance agencies, startups, and SaaS companies in the world.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Backend Engineer for the Card Platform team, which is responsible for dashfi’s new and upcoming rewards and cash products. We are experiencing explosive growth for our core lending product, and we want you to guide the team to scale the product by 100x and beyond, and add new features to make our loans even more compelling and accessible to more businesses.
dashfi is at its heart a data company. As dashfi grows, we are looking for a talented and forward thinking senior engineer that has experience in the fintech space to join us in the exciting growth of our company.
As a lead Engineer, you'll work closley with the architect, security and other engineers to help design, and implement the next-generation of financial services products. We're looking for engineers with deep industry experience in lending that can bring fresh ideas they're looking to put into action.
We are a US based company, if you are not located in the US, you must be willing to overlap the majority of our working hours in order to collaborate with our team.
* You will take the lead on highly visible technical features, help others on the team with complex problems, and work closely with the product team, architects, other leads, UX and designers
* Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes you will encounter.
* Collaborate with experts in product, design, and operations.
* Always consider that our customers are fine with fewer features, but are not ok with broken features.
* Maintain a strong sense of ownership and accountability for what they're building.
* Working in a high volume production environment
* Creating automation to help us work faster and smarter
* Following design and coding conventions
* Performing code reviews to ensure high quality, while also iterating quickly
* Building robust, lasting, and scalable software
* Collaborating and working as part of a highly skilled team that enjoys doing the impossible together every day
* 5 years of working experience with Loans, Payments, Risk, Ledgers, etc
* Familiar with PHP (Laravel) and Python
* Familiar with using Business Intelligence (BI) tools both internally and integration with 3rd parties
* Familiar with popular databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL…)
* 5+ years of experience building applications that support web, mobile and front end technologies like (but not limited to): TypeScript, Vue and Node
* The technologies of the web (HTTP, JSON APIs, REST, HTML)
* SQL database programming and performance
* Good communication and presentation skills to explain the findings to business stakeholders
* Strong logical reasoning and analytical skills to merge statistical insights with business realities.
* Have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Comfortable in a high-growth startup, can balance many simultaneous projects, and thrive in fast-paced environments
**What We Offer:**
Working for a promising start-up is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work with multiple high-profile product lines and make a significant impact on the bottom line. Performance marketing is at the heart of everything we do. Our positions are challenging but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your ‘A game’ to the table, here’s what we’ll bring:
Competitive salary and benefits because we value your experience and expertise
* Unlimited PTO
* WFH stipend to support your home office needs because we are geographically dispersed
* Relocation support
* A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial, and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork