Oct 31, 2021
Who we are:
Cooper Street is a fast growing media startup that, through online content, helps US-based audiences improve their financial habits, protect themselves from identity theft, and ultimately live more fulfilling, prosperous lives. We serve over 100,000 readers every month.
We're looking for a brilliant content editor to join us in delighting our readers with actionable and engaging content.
Who you are:
• have a real passion for written content
• be detail oriented and meticulous
• have excellent English writing skills
• know WHO you are writing for, and
• take great pride in delivering great content to meet KPIs no matter how dry the subject matter may be, and
• be tactful and empathetic when managing a team of writers.
Some SEO knowledge is preferred. However, training will be provided for candidates with the right attributes.
What to expect:
You’ll oversee a team of writers, with the aim of producing 25 articles per week.
The content for now is mainly Personal Finance informational articles. We expect to expand into review articles and other niches in the next few months.
Here’s what you’ll do:
• Choose topics from a list of keywords that are suitable for our blogs, that will help us rank in search engines and attract readers. We’ll give you a list of keywords, but not all are suitable for us.
• Find more related keywords that the article should target.
• Create content briefs with a suggested outline based on what competitors are writing about, keywords you’ve found, and questions people are asking (you can use Frase for this).
• For each article, put yourself in the target audience’s shoes, know what their desires and fears are, where they are in the sales cycle and communicate this to the writers.
• Optimize the URL, SEO Title and Page Title for the target keywords.
• Edit writers’ content for grammar, factual accuracy, make the content more engaging, and lead people to make purchases if need be. Edits should be rather light as you’ll be hiring people who can already write well.
• Hire writers to fulfill the article output that we need.
• Skip the commute when you work remotely from home.
• Competitive Salary
• A supportive team
• Less demanding content requirements
• Learn how to create content that gets results (we’ll show you how much traffic your articles generate and help you improve if need be)
• Very long-term work. With opportunities to grow with the company.
Apply now if you have the following traits:
• Intellectual curiosity, and good research skills (ability to detect BS).
• Take pride in your work and achievements
• Excellent English writing skills.
• Empathetic – can understand our target audience’s needs, fears and wants and genuinely want to help them.
• Quick learner and intelligent.
• Interested in helping others succeed.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Tactful in your approach when working with writers’ – giving constructive feedback, assigning a mix of content to keep things fresh for them etc.
• Submit your CV, cover letter, and any samples of your work to
• Shortlisted candidates will take a 10-min aptitude test (not actual work, more like a quiz)
• Those who pass the quiz will have an introductory call with us.
• Successful candidates will get 5 paid trial articles to work on – content brief, assign to writer, edit ($50 total)