Apr 17, 2015
We are an online based ecommerce company in the Beauty niche. We sell skincare products as well as beauty tools. The platforms in which we conduct business in are Amazon and our own ecommerce website. Our ecommerce website is built on Wordpress. Our business is growing relatively fast and we are looking for highly motivated professionals to join our team.
We currently have a social media marketer, and graphics designer that have been working with us well over a year now, so you must be able to work in a team and bounce ideas of each other. We will be hiring a new team member very soon to be in charge of SEO and Internet Marketing.
To complete our team, we are now looking for an Editorial Manager with knowledge in Internet Marketing to join our team. In the beginning, you will need to do everything on your own but eventually we can work together to hire editors and you will be responsible for supervising and allocating the work to editors.
Job Responsibilities of an Editorial Manager
The job responsibilities of an editorial manager include supervising and allotting jobs to the editors, writers, and reporters. The editorial managers are responsible for conducting budget meetings to decide what is to be posted or printed. Along with supervising, they are also responsible for undertaking the following duties:
• Develop, manage, and execute the editorial strategies within all editorial content to increase readership and generate leads
• Write articles, letters, blogs, newsletters, landing pages, sales pages and media posts in conjunction with the CEO and marketing team
• Write site & page creation, content creation, sales copy, copywriting
• Manage the overall editorial production schedule
• Ensure the production of optimal editorial and marketing content
• Manage and execute the entire editorial process standards and guidelines
• Actively research the editorial stories through internal and external sources
• Supervise the staff and ensure that the allocated work is completed within the given time
• Recruit new editors by interviewing them
Experience in INTERNET MARKETING:
• - Knowledge with Wordpress, Aweber, Leadpages
• - Affiliate Marketing
• - Monitoring our online sales process: monitoring optin rates
• - Creating landing and sales pages
• - Split testing landing pages and sales pages & making improvemets with the goal to increase optins & sales
• - Drive our Facebook presence up (increase Facebook Likes / Increase Organic Reach etc.)
• - Manage Facebook ads - improving click through rates & decreasing CPC
• - Clear understanding of online marketing: Optin Pages / Sales Pages etc
• - Content planning
Key Skills of an Editorial Manager
Proficiency in English is one of the major skills of an editorial manager. However, along with this, he or she is also expected to possess the following skills:
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Expert in organizational and management skills
• Creative and confident
• Expert research and accuracy skills
• Expert computer operating skills
• Expert in managing time and completing the allocated work within the given time frame
• Ability to take quick decisions
• Knowledge about internet marketing
• Ability to work for long hours
• Ability to work even in pressurized situations
• Professional, highly motivated and focused
• Reliable, Integrity with time management, and Have a positive no-excuse attitude
• Must work well in a team, and can be a team leader
• Organized, works fast and efficiently, and follows direction well
• Great communicator and able to express difficulties or challenges whenever necessary to avoid misunderstanding.
• Ability to learn training/systems quickly and contribute to the company
We are looking for someone who can take charge and do more work than what is asked for and can do work on their own without have to always having to follow by our instructions as sometimes we are too busy. We want someone who can think for themselves and is highly motivated.
HOURS & SALARY:
Must be available Monday to Friday for 8 hours each day.
Salary: $300-$500 USD a month (negotiable and dependent on experience)
Payment process: Paid weekly for the first 2 months, then paid monthly at the beginning of each month. Payment is sent through PayPal.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you feel like you are a great fit to our company please come and apply and include:
CV and samples of your work (link/s)
Contact details (email address, Skype, etc.).
And your answers to the following questions:
1. Why are you the best for the job? 2.
2. What specific skills do you have which will enhance this role?
3. What is the best approach in managing you?
4. What can/will you contribute to the team?
5. What is your experience with and/or knowledge of the following:
- Writing content creation, sales copy, landing pages, articles, blogs and newsletters
- Opt In Pages
- Split testing
- Conversion Rates
- Online Marketing
- Facebook Adverts