Jun 30, 2020
Industry: Marketing & Advertising Real Estate and Construction
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Marketing - Public Relations - Writing/Editing
This position is primarily responsible for communications in English with consumers, industry leaders, trade media, and internal organizational communications. This includes developing and executing effective digital and traditional communications within the organization and directed to the industry; maintaining strong public relations with industry trade media; writing content and updating the website, social media channels,
- Creates edits and optimizes web and digital copy
- Creates edits and optimizes content within the content management system (CMS) solution
- Creates landing pages and microsites within CMS solution
- Maintains strong public relations with industry trade media, responds to requests for information, writes press releases, works with the PR agency on communications-related matters as needed, and is responsible for ad planning and creation.
- Obtains USDA approval on NMB press releases and communication materials.
- Writes and organizes the internal organization communications, including the Executive Director Report and Did You Know Report. Edits and manages the monthly newsletters
- Facilitates the translation of oral and written communications in English.
- Support staff in reviewing presentations and communications materials for Board, committee, and industry meetings.
- Organizes and maintains a library of sample press releases, photos, videos, and display materials for collateral dissemination purposes.
- Participates in staff meetings and fulfills program and administrative duties associated with the communications role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or a related field. Must have a combination of education and experience that has developed a professional level of writing and communication skills in both English. A graduate degree in a related field is highly
To perform this job successfully, the individual must have experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience with WordPress or other website content management systems is highly desirable.
OTHER SKILL, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least three years of writing, communications, and marketing promotion experience.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with SEO and optimization, especially for AI and voice
- Ability to ensure brand imaging and communications are prepared in a consistent format.
- Plans, organizes, and prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise judgment and apply effective problem-solving techniques; and prepare sound recommendations.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with management and staff, industry representatives, contractors, consultants, and vendors.
- Must maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, orally, and in writing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using computer equipment and have the willingness and ability to learn project management, customer relations management, presentation, graphics, and related software applications.
- Ability to work extended hours and attend marketing and business outreach meetings, Board meetings, and educational programs.
- Media and communications experience involving commodity and not-for-profit organizations is desirable.