AU$20,000 to $25,000 per year
Mar 13, 2020
Virtual | Accounting Assistant | Bookkeeping | Accounting
Full time | Monday to Friday | 9 - 5pm (AEST)
Salary | AU$20-25,000 per annum
We are looking for full-time proactive tech savvy Virtual Accounting Assistants to prepare high quality work in an efficient manner. Working in a fast paced firm supporting the Account Manager with experience and enthusiasm for helping clients with their business needs.
This job is for you, if you: love people, love being part of a close knit team and thrive on gadgets, enjoy change and continually learn the latest technological advances.
You will gain exposure to a broad range of businesses, in size and industry. Our clients are dynamic and passionate entrepreneurs, and so are we.
We’re also looking for people who want to stick around and grow their skills and career. We invest in our people and we’re looking for people who want to invest in us.
About us: BYO Group
BYO Group is a well established Australian based Bookkeeping Practice. Our organisation was established in 2006 and in 2009 it expanded into a dynamic TEAM operation.
Throughout the years of operations BYO has upheld the principles of HONESTY, INTEGRITY and RELIABILITY. We have a range of clients in various including manufacturing, sales, professional services, health/fitness and hospitality.
We offer a range of services to our clients including; outsourced bookkeeping services, outsourced finance departments, consulting, recovery work, integrations, conversions and Xero and Receipt Bank Training.
BYO uses a narrow and deep structure where every client has an Account Manager with Accounting Assistants providing support and education to help the business owner do what they love doing and what they are best at. We aim to stay current and continually move forward as our industry and the needs of business evolve.
* Intention: We work and live with intention. We work to understand and meet expectations, measure outcomes and be present in our work.
* Value: We believe in the value of every person. We have empathy for others, respect ourselves, our fellow team members and our clients.
* T.E.A.M. : Together Everyone Achieves More.
Your Responsibilities will include
- Processing data for all entry types within clients accounting and software add-on systems.
- Weekly bookkeeping tasks including, but not limited to:
- Bank Reconciliation
- Payroll and STP lodgement
- Raising sales invoice
- Processing payable invoices including checking to purchase orders
- AP/AR reports
- Inventory control and adjustments
- Quarterly and/or monthly preparation of superannuation
- Monthly journal processing
- Annual PAYG summary lodgement
- Preparing budgets & forecasts and monitoring
- Preparation of Management Reports
- Analysing Profit and Loss, including exception reporting
- Balance Sheet Review including reconciliations
- Assisting with preparation of IAS and BAS statements
- Ad hoc tasks as required
Other Skills and/or Requirements
A minimum of 3 years' experience bookkeeping for Australian Company on a variety of platforms and a strong technical accounting knowledge
The ability to demonstrate accurate and timely client bookkeeping skills and understanding of BAS and GST matters
Handling a high volume of transactions efficiently
Xero accounting system and Receipt Bank, preferred but not required
Experience with all Google Office programs
Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure
Analytical and problem solving, and the ability to work with confidential information
Advanced Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, VLOOKUP, macros)
Self-starter with excellent communication skills – verbal and written
Well organised, reliable individual with good attention to detail
A friendly manner, experienced with dealing with customers
Tertiary Accounting Qualifications
Bachelor of Commerce: Accounting or similar
CA/CPA/CIMA Qualified but not required
Knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards
* Great pay
* Very flexible working conditions
* Work from home
* Fun easy-going small team environment
* Personal growth
Your Next Steps
We would love to hear from you - Apply now with an updated resume and cover letter.
A detailed position description is available on request, just send an