Aug 11, 2020
The Technical Lead is responsible for planning and overseeing the technical aspects of a project, you will report to and work with the Project Lead. You must be able to take technical concepts describe them to the Project Lead as well as provide task breakdowns, project architectures and time estimates.
You must have experience with full stack, as well as mobile app development. Experience with games, AR or VR development is a plus.
You will be expected to virtually attend team and client meetings. Consistent internet and clear verbal communication is a requirement.
This is a full time position, and we expect the workload to be up to 40 hours a week. You will be expected to be available to attend daily stand ups, coordinate with a distributed multidisciplinary team, and complete all tasks on time and to specification. This is a remote work contract, but the worker must be available weekdays from 9am - 5pm Pacific time. You must have at least 4 hours of overlapping time, either between 9am-1pm or 2-5pm. You must be conscientious and have a reliable internet.
* Implement high quality code.
* Create architecture, task lists and technical design documents for assigned projects.
* Attend team meetings, including project kick-offs, stand ups, and additional meetings as required.
* Work in partnership with a non technical Project Lead to keep the Project Lead informed on the technical aspects of the project.
Qualifications & Skills:
* The ability to step into a project and determine the best technical ecosystem for that project’s needs and then move into operating in that ecosystem is the most important skill for you to have. Past that;
* Experience in MongoDB, Express, React, Node. Unity, C#, Flutter and Firebase are preferred.
* Write clean, efficient, well-documented code.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate issues and report project design and status to a diverse non-technical audience
* Must be detail oriented, quality driven, straightforward, self-motivated, and proactive
* Able to work independently, creatively, and track multiple deadlines to success
* Able to accept constructive feedback on your work
* Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple complex initiatives simultaneously
* Proven history working in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams
* Previous experience in developing games or applications and implementing best practices
* Experienced with software development methodologies as well as build and release procedures
* Experience with project management or task tracking systems such as
* Must have at least 4 hours overlap with the Studio time 9am to 5pm PST.
About Robot Sea Monster
We are a digital production studio with an extensive background in games, AR/VR, and commercial application development. Founded in 2012, the studio has successfully shipped over 38 products, serving major brands such as Blue Shield, Pearson, LO3 Energy, Occipital, and Sizzle Entertainment. Our work has been profiled in major media outlets, such as The New York Times, CNBC, TED, and more.
We are a fully remote company with team members across the globe. Team members are expected to have high speed internet suitable for both work and voice calls. Team members must have a functional microphone with clean audio to communicate with the rest of the team. Additional tools required for the position must be supplied by the team member with exceptions only for exceptionally prorprietary software or hardware required for a project.
Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but all team members must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (PST) Monday through Friday. Workers must be available via Google Hangout,
Please complete this form if interested: