268 PHP - 320 per hour
Nov 21, 2019
The Senior Accountant will support owner in all aspects of financial operations, accounting financial analysis, risk management, initiative reviews, productivity and continuous improvement with clients in the retail industry. As a key member of the finance team you will have in-depth exposure to Retail industry. The ideal candidate is high-energy, personable, team player who enjoys interacting and being of service to the business teams. The candidate will have a solid understanding of GAAP, strong communication skills, and the ability to partner effectively across business functions while being a self-starter. Key responsibilities will include preparation of related month end financial reports, tracking labor efficiency, inventory controls and overall company performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain standards for tracking labor, material, overhead, and administrative costs.
- Responsible for weekly reporting, as well as monthly and year-end closing of appropriate cost and inventory related general ledger accounts, including preparation of journal entries.
- Full ownership of P&L, Balance Sheet, General Ledger and Chart of accounts
- Develops reports for monitoring and analyzing revenue and costs.
- Maintain and make recommendations to improve systems of internal accounting controls as they relate to inventory / manufacturing including of raw material and finished goods transactions.
- Manages back end of retail sales systems.
- Stay current with developments, practice trends and promulgation in the accounting profession; monitors cost accounting systems and recommends new or revised policies and procedures.
- Manages the accuracy and processes related to day-to-day activities of costing, accounts payable, payroll, invoicing / billing, accounts receivable, fixed assets, labor utilization and overhead allocations with assistance from AR/AP staff and provide backup to various other jobs as needed.
- Maintain and improve upon current accounting infrastructure and procedures to scale with business growth, including documentation of policies and procedures.
- Research and resolve all significant accounting matters that may arise.
- Responsible for maintaining fixed asset records and control.
- Responsible for the coordination of year-end audit and preparation for independent auditors.
- Performs other accounting duties as required or as
- Extremely proactive, highly organized with ability to manage multiple tasks.
- 3-5 years QuickBooks experience
- 3-5 years experience in Corporate and/or General Accounting/Finance
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the ability to apply GAAP to new and existing transactions.
- Highly proficient in Excel and or Google Sheets
- Collaborative business partner adept in building cross-functional relationships to drive business results.
- Need to be hands-on, have high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Supervise onsite Bookkeeper
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time, Freelance
- Remote (operate during Pacific Standard Time)
Benefits: **Full-time Only**
- Health insurance
- Paid Time off
This Position is Ideal for Someone Who Is"
- Dependable -- reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
Monday - Friday