I pay well for good talent!
Oct 06, 2019
NOTE: Please (for your sake) read this whole post in full, because I'll know if you won't.
Hello! I'm Yoyo, and I'm the CEO of Slide Cow (
What does an AMAZING Copywriter need to do, you ask? Let's go through the list:
- Write high-engagement content that on presentations, pitch decks, public speaking or presentation software (mainly in the form of blog posts).
- Know how to use content marketing strategies to a brand's advantage
- Create content marketing materials for social media.
- Produce error-free content that adheres to the company’s style guidelines
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts
- Know how to integrate SEO into your copywriting work.
- [Biggest one] The ability to communicate. I don't screw around with this. You can be the best writer in the world, but if you can't communicate properly, I won't consider you at all.
- Knowledge in SEO practices (keyword research is a plus!)
- Attention to detail (I hate people who cut corners)
Applicants I tend to consider:
- Applicants who took the time to check out the website and understand the business (and show me they did that)
- Applicants who take a unique approach in their cover letters, giving me a glimpse of their personality
Applicants I won't consider:
- Applicants who use big fancy formal/corporate words and phrases in their cover letters (like I said before, I want people who have a personality to work with me)
- Applicants who think its a good idea to say "Hi, I believe I can meet your qualifications, contact me" to get a job interview.
Show me what you got!