Nov 05, 2019
After hiring two great developers via this platform we are looking for another skilled frontend developer (no agencies!) to join our growing remote team.
- Workload: 4 hours per day (long term freelance partnership - suitable as additional job for evenings and weekends)
- Technology: Sass, JQuery, Wordpress (potential migration to Bootstrap, etc.)
- Collaboration: Github (code), Asana (tasks), Abstract (screen designs)
Trickle is a website that makes lifelong learning effortless. Curate the best knowledge from sources around the web, write down your insights and pass them to a community of lifelong learners. With Trickle, knowledge comes in drips, bite-sized knowledge that can easily be consumed in downtime throughout your
We are looking for an experienced front-end developer (HTML/CSS) to take the code from our web beta version to the next level. We recently moved from working with an agency to in-house development of frontend and backend code. That’s why we're looking for someone with a passion for high-quality frontend code that is interested in a long term project.
We create screen designs in Sketch and InVision and use Abstract to hand over screen designs with assets in an inspect view (similar to Zeplin). The code for trickle.app is maintained on Github where we develop and apply the stylesheets to static example
We are a remote company and communicate in English via Asana and Slack. One of our founders lives in Berlin and the other in Munich. We work with developers, designers, writers and researchers in many countries, including Poland, the Philippines, UK, USA, and many more. We call ourselves Beautiful Company (
Does this sound like the right challenge and environment for you?
Then please reach out :)
Important: we are aware that it is a challenge to reply to job offers with a tailored response. But please understand that we take the relevance and the content of your first message as a strong indication of how well your profile fits our demand. *Please excuse that we won't reply to generic messages that do not address specifics of our job description.* So do respond only if you think that you are a strong candidate for this job and please invest some time and attention in the answer of the following questions (a short paragraph for each is enough):
1. The current style is based on Sass. Would you keep it or switch to a different framework?
2. Please have a look at trickle.app and investigate the stylesheets. Please name at least one thing that is well done and one thing that you would improve as soon as possible?
3. How would you approach the task to extend this code? Can you develop the existing styles further?
4. How do you rate the responsiveness of the page? What would you improve?