PHP 35,000/mo - 40,000/mo (depending on experience)
Jan 02, 2020
Busy Internal Medicine practice is looking for a fulltime Realtime remote (work from home) self-motivated clinical staff with virtual scribing experience in any primary care outpatient setting. The ideal candidate is required to have knowledge of medical terminologies, and excellent English listening and writing skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Pre-encounter activities (24 hours before patients’ scheduled visit: (a)Review Consultant/Specialist Notes and Imaging Studies and complete appropriate flowsheets. (b) Update Medical and Procedure History
• In Realtime, summarize and document conversations between the provider and patient in the progress note
• Transcribe dictated notes from the provider (both during and post-encounter)
• Pull data from various parts of the chart into the encounter as directed by the provider
• Input appropriate diagnosis and service codes using EMR and other available databases
• Organize and format encounter progress note in accordance with SOAP note structure
• Update Health Alerts at the end of the encounter in the EMR
• Reviews the record and verifies that the documentation requirements have been met for the designated code assigned by the provider.
• Follow patient confidentiality guidelines and legal documentation requirements including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
• Adhere to all documentation compliance standards.
• Ensure the providers reviews the Electronic Health Record for accuracy.
• Develop and maintain a mutually respectful working relationship with all providers.
• Be Available for provider concerns and questions and always be ready to assist in improving documentation.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the providers.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
• Be a Registered Nurse or Allied Healthcare professional (education can be replaced with comparable medical scribing experience).
• Have at least 1 year of Virtual Medical Scribing experience in an outpatient clinic setting
• Certification as a medical scribe is a plus, but not required.
• Have a Strong understanding of medical terminology, anatomy, medications, abbreviations, charting, and etc.
• Ability to timely summarize medical records/ charts
• Have Advance Verbal and Written English communication skills
• Must have a typing speed of at least 55 words per minute.
• Ability to maintain an accuracy level of 99.5% and above consistently
• Must be able and willing to Perform General Administrative Tasks
• Have strong listening skills, proactive communication, attention to details, and ability to meet a deadline.
• Be Willing to commit to 35-40 hours weekly and to remotely work Central US Standard time Mon – Friday (8 AM to 5 PM).
• Must be a team player and willing to communicate with other practice staff.
• Must have a broad knowledge of various EMR systems and be quick to learn new EMR systems.
• Must be Technology savvy, responsible, confident, and self-motivated.
• Must be self-motivated, dedicated and have a distraction-free HIPAA compliant workspace at home for work
• Complete PC Set w headset (Please detail PC configuration when applying)
• Must have a Back-up Computer (Laptop - Please detail hardware/software configuration when applying)
• Have a reliable, secure, and private high-speed internet connection (at least 3mbps)
• Must have a Back-up ISP