$5.00 - $9.00 per hour depending on experience
Sep 08, 2019
Remote Medical Coder/Auditor
Certified Remote Medical Coder with demonstrated proficiency in Risk Adjustment and Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCC) in an outpatient
This is a full time, remote (work from home) position that requires a minimum of 30 hours a week. Work hours will be dictated by the medical group current claims workflow filing deadlines. Hours worked and schedule is subject to change.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Daily review medical record information to identify and assign all appropriate coding (ICD–10-CMs, CPTs, and HCPCSs) based on risk adjustment models and CMS HCC categories.
• Verify and ensure the accuracy, completeness, specificity, and appropriateness of diagnosis codes based on services rendered.
• Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving ability regarding barriers to receiving and validating accurate HCC information.
• Conducts providers chart audits to identify incorrect coding, prepare reports of findings and any compliance issues.
• Reports coding patterns identified within the audit process to the Manager and identifies corrective measures to compliance problems.
• Provide support, education, and training related to, quality of documentation, level of service and diagnosis coding consistent with established coding guidelines and standards.
• Maintain a minimum 95?curacy on coding quality audits
• Maintain minimum production of 4 charts per hour
• Remain current on diagnosis coding guidelines and risk adjustment reimbursement reporting requirements.
• Maintain quality and production standards required by the medical group.
• Comply with the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adhere to official coding guidelines.
• Comply with HIPAA laws and regulations.
• Handle other related duties as required or assigned by the physician and practice administrator
Required skills and experience:
• Must have a minimum of GED or High School Diploma
• Must have 2+ years of Risk Adjustment, HCC coding, and Medicare Advantage reimbursement experience
• Must have 2+ years of working as a medical coder (where coding was 90% or more of your job duties, and you were held to quality and productivity goals).
• Must have strong clinical knowledge related to chronic illness diagnosis, treatment, and management;
• Must have an excellent understanding of medical terminology, disease process and anatomy, and physiology.
• Must have an excellent understanding of ICD-10-CM coding classification, CPT and HCPCS in Primary care setting.
• Must have active coding certification through AHIMA / AAPC (CRC, CPC, CCS - P). CCA, CPC-A certifications are not acceptable.
• Must have High Computer proficiency (including MS Windows, MS Office, and the Internet)
• Must have high-speed Internet access, a home computer with a current Windows operating system, MS Internet Explorer (version 6.0.2 or better), and Adobe 6.0 or better;
• Must be task-oriented, reliable and be able to meet designated deadlines and productivity standards (24-hour turnaround time on all assigned charts required).
• Must have strong Personal discipline to work remotely without direct supervision;
• Must have Knowledge of HIPAA, recognizing a commitment to privacy, security, and confidentiality of all medical chart documentation.
• Must have strong organizational skills; interpersonal and customer service skills; excellent English written and oral communication skills; and analytical skills.