Jul 23, 2019
About the Client
I am a busy professional living in Silicon Valley, California who needs administrative assistance so I can balance both my career and a robust personal/family schedule. I currently work full time for a high tech company, run operations for a small manufacturing company outside of my day job and am going to business school a few nights per week to complete my MBA. I have an awesome wife and we love to travel. We also have a few pets and farm animals at home who live in our little backyard urban farm.
About the Job
As a Virtual Assistant, you will provide full time administrative support to me while working remotely. The ideal candidate is upbeat, extremely organized, thorough and proactive with strong technical skills. You will perform various administrative tasks, including answering
Working behind the scenes, you will make a significant impact on my life and on the lives of the people I interact with around the world.
- Perform an extensive array of administrative tasks using your excellent phone,
- Manage an ever-changing calendar and remain calm, cool and collected when priorities shift.
- Proofreading, preparing and responding to personal and business
- Online research
- Plan travel arrangements (transportation, hotel, activities) for family vacations and business trips.
- Recruiting support to help a small manufacturing business hire talent
- Post new job descriptions on recruiting websites (indeed, ziprecruiter, linkedin, craigslist)
- Repost job descriptions once per week on those sites
- Screen resumes, manage
- Set interviews on the calendar
- Cleanup and summarize my written interview feedback for each candidate
- Research and compile lists of insightful interview questions for new positions
- Draft offer letters based on existing templates
- Following up recruiting/tasks to ensure they get done
- Check in with me over
- At least one (1) year of experience as a Virtual Assistant or relevant role. Expertise in customer service
- Be available US Pacfic Business Hours (California time zone) and available after hours if needed. Working hours are generally 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM PDT
- Familiarity with current technologies, calendars, word-processing software and spreadsheets: Google Hangouts,
- Excellent phone,
- Good spelling, grammar and punctuation skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Please reply with this word (Berkeley) in the final signature line of your application
- Willingness to admit and correct mistakes
- Handle confidential information with discretion
Please attach your DISC personality profile (you can find this for free online) and any other profiles that you think may help me understand you more.
Please also include your answers to the following questions:
1. Tell me about your past administrative experience, what company/person did you work for? What was your role and duties? 2. What was the biggest project that you managed? Did you manage their calendar and
3. What tools have you used in your past work experience? What industries have you worked in? What is your strongest skill
What are you not good at? Please provide examples to any projects you have worked on or tasks you have completed.
4. Please walk me through how you would handle multiple competing priorities and how you manage projects.