Jun 24, 2019
About the Company
Founded in 2011, EthnoLink Language Services is a leading translation service provider in Australia. We work with over 500 translators across over 100 languages to deliver high-quality translations.
As a Project Manager (Translation Projects), you will be responsible for overseeing translation projects from end-to-end, on-time, within budget and to the highest standards. The role will involve daily interaction with clients, translators and our operations team to ensure that our translations department runs smoothly.
Why work with us
We are an employer of choice for our Philippines-based team, with over 13 team members based around Luzon in WFH positions. When team members join our company, they really leave because we LOVE to make our work culture one of the best, including quarterly face to face team-building activities, annual retreats and a genuinely awesome group of colleagues.
Our culture is cool, relaxed and focused on getting things done. We have experienced unprecedented growth over the past 18 months and need an enthusiastic new-starter to
• End to end project coordination of translation projects, including identifying clients' requirements & project scope, providing quotes and managing deadlines
• Develop project schedules for larger projects, including resource assignments and project costings.
• Provide assistance to the quality management process, including proofreading documents.
• Use appropriate tools and systems to analyse files and prepare them for translation, convert and publish translated files.
• Participate in huddles/meetings with the project management team, to ensure that projects are being effectively managed.
• Developing and maintaining business relationships with the assigned clients and ensuring that their experience with EthnoLink is world-class.
Record-keeping & Reporting
• Overseeing the accurate and timely entry of project data in our operational & finance systems by the operations team.
• Produce high-quality reports for management and the
• Degree or higher
• Project management or Account management experience
• BPO experience viewed favourably
• Ability to work autonomously and in a small team
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Well-organised and detail-oriented
• Cool, calm and collected
• Passion for languages; bi-lingual or learning a 2nd language
- Must be able to work between 9am and 5.30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) / 7am - 3.30pm in Philippines (PHT) - 4 (FOUR) days per week between Monday to Friday (actual days to be confirmed) AND 2 hours on Saturday and 2 hours on Sunday (Get paid for a 40 hour week for only 36 hours work)
- Must have stable and reliable internet connection
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates MUST provide answers to the following questions to be considered:
1. Tell us about your previous work experience and HOW it relates to the success in this particular position.
2. Who was your last (or current) employer? What was your manager's name? What would they say is your greatest strength and your biggest weakness?