Jan 09, 2020
- We are seeking a freelance, highly talented "Rock Star" Backend Web Developer with a minimum of 3 years experience who can work from home in the Philippines.
- This is a dynamic and exciting position as we are growing quickly and have many exciting clients and cutting edge projects.
- You will have an excellent opportunity for career advancement, knowledge enhancement, and compensation growth.
- Work Hours is flexible.
- Guaranteed 100% On-Time Salary Payments
Grow your career with Gloss!
As a Backend Web Developer, you will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and users.
Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the frontend.
You will also be responsible for integrating frontend elements built by Frontend Web Developers, so a basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
Additional responsibilities of this position include:
- Integrating user-facing elements developed by frontend developers with server side logic
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementing security and data protection
- Designing and implementing data storage solutions
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to learn and integrate new software programs and tools
2. Skill Sets
We are seeking top talent, so you must have the following skill sets:
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environments, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GitHub
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Google Map API is a plus
1. Personality Traits
In addition to your skill sets, we place an equal value in the personality of our team members.
We consider a "Rock Star" as someone who is proactive, takes initiative, and isn't afraid to share their opinions (even if it may be uncomfortable to do so).
You'll have plenty of support (e.g. tools, resources, infrastructure, project management, and more...), but you must have the mindset that you "own" your projects. If you're the type of person who waits to be told what to do at every step throughout a project, then this position isn't right for you.
You'll also be provided with very clear project instructions and requirements, but you must also be able to work independently, figure things out for yourself, do your own research when necessary, and adopt an attitude of "I'm going to do whatever it takes to get the job done!"
- Being proactive in providing feedback, insights, and ideas to help us be the best company we can be.
- Being proactive in recommending tools, resources, and education to help you be the best contributor you can be.
- Thinking outside-the-box to provide fresh and creative ideas to the team.
- Whatever it takes to ensure your success and our success!
Finally, you must have a natural curiosity and passion for learning new technology, not just for the sake of the technology itself, but in how technology can be used to maximize the potential of the given project.
If this describes you - and you possess the skills sets we are seeking - then we'd love to have you on board with us!
2. Work Environment
- You must live in the Philippines (please do not apply if this is not the case as we will not reply)
- Your your own computer and Internet connection (this is a home-based position).
- You are willing to work (at least partially) during U.S. business hours.
IMPORTANT: If you wish to apply for this position, you must do so using this link: