15,000 - 20,000
Oct 08, 2022
A Web Developer is responsible for the design, layout and coding of a website. They are involved with the technical and graphical aspects of a website - how the site works and how it looks. They can also be involved with the maintenance and update of an existing site.
They are responsible for developing innovative, reusable Web-based tools for progressive online activism and community building. Our web developers work closely with our Project Managers, strategists and design team members to develop specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies. Programming, graphic design and database administration are all elements of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Design and develop materials in the website to meet specific communication requirements.
• Conduct daily maintenance and updates on company website and other online postings.
• Write the programming code, either from scratch or by adapting existing website software and graphics packages to meet business requirements.
• Test the website and identify any technical problems.
• Upload the site onto a server and register it with different search engines.
• Work closely with Project Managers and other members of the Development Team to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
• Produce project estimates during sales process, including expertise required, total number of people required, total number of development hours required, etc.
• Work with clients and Project Managers to build and refine graphic designs for websites. Must have strong skills in Photoshop, Fireworks, or equivalent application(s).
• Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/XHTML themes.
• Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to clients.
• Communicate to the Project Manager with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays.
• Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to clients.
• Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
• Be actively involved in and contribute regularly to the development community of the CMS of your choice.
• Develop innovative, reusable Web-based tools for activism and community building.
• Fix technical problems that may occur.
• Make existing applications compatible?.
• Implement security measures.
• Use animations and design.
• Change applications according to new specifications.
• Use Dreamweaver, Visual Studio and other web authoring software.
• Incorporate CSS in web pages.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned and mutually agreed with the employer.
Skills and Qualifications
• Graduate of BS Computer Science or IT related course.
• Preferably with at least 1 year work-related experience.
• Knowledgeable in Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver or equivalent.
• Required to have skills in CSS, HTML & XHTML. Must be proficient in HTML, scripting and interface languages.
• Specific Wordpress skills to establish and maintain the sites.
• Responsible for the implementation of a website.
• Have experience with more than one type of Web server.
• May be in charge of creating the site and putting it on a separate company's server or setting up one within the company.
• Have skills in software programming and graphics.
• Have creativity and imagination.
• Be adaptable and able to pick up new techniques.
• Have good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Keep up to date with advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
• Team player and can easily understand instructions.
Project Related Competencies
Solution Development & Delivery
• Understands technical and functional design requirements.
• Assists in physical and logical database design.
• Creates prototypes for client engagements.
• Designs, codes, and tests technical solutions.
• Identifies system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
• Assists in enforcement of development deadlines and schedules.
• Understands the necessity of and contributes to coding standards.
• Develops internal and external meeting objectives and agendas.
• Prioritizes multiple tasks effectively.
• Displays a positive attitude.
• Demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work.
• Sets high standards of performance for oneself.
• Establishes harmonious working relationships with team members.
• Appreciates each team member's contributions and values each individual member.
• Client Management
• Values internal and external clients and responds to their needs as they arise.
• Establishes effective working relationship with clients.
• Follows established communication guidelines.
• Uses good judgment in what and how to communicate with clients.
• Understands the professional development process and becomes actively involved by setting challenging goals and meeting them through continuous learning.
• Seeks input from mentors and supervisors.
• Actively applies feedback received to day-to-day work and strives to improve performance.
• Accurately completes and submits time and expense reports in a timely manner
• Accurately completes and submits status reports in a timely manner.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures.
If interested email your resume to email@example.com