Negotiable depending on experience and provable skills
Oct 14, 2011
I need a high level, talented and experienced individual to help build a busy travel website by identifying and approaching potential advertisers, building relationships and providing excellent customer service.
The role will involve the following responsibilities (although it may evolve to include wider tasks):
- Through online research, identify leads in the travel and tourism industry who might be looking to advertise deals online.
- Contact these organizations and individuals to make them aware of our services, using direct email, social media and other marketing channels.
- Using your excellent customer service skills, build relationships with leads who respond and encourage and support them in whatever way you can. For example, offering to post deals for them, giving them guidance and training them in how to use the site and get the best out of it. You want to make them successful and they can tell!
- Ultimately build an enthusiastic and active community of online travel professionals who regularly post deals and information. You will be an advocate for our site and will strive to make it the best place to find travel deals on the internet.
Please don't apply unless you can definitely excel at the following:
- Have absolutely excellent written English
- Understand how to use Twitter and social media to manage and build a community
- Understand website usability. You'll know how to give feedback to programmers and implement a Kaizen program for continual improvement.
- Online research and constantly looking for ways to improve the site and our users' experience. Be prepared to look far and wide to find how others have built great solutions.
You will also need to demonstrate:
- A self-motivated and professional approach.
- Great communication skills and ability to amaze people with your excellent support and help.
- A positive and enthusiastic approach, reliability and trustworthiness.
- Ability to think for yourself, solve problems and run the show
SEO and marketing experience would be an advantage but not essential.
Please when you apply for this job use the subject line...
"I am perfect for this job because"
...and explain in your application exactly how you meet the criteria.